The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS 302S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I HAVE A 2012 BOSS 302S NEVER HAD IT ON TRACK YET .IT CAME WITH 4- 18 X 11 BBS WHEELS NO TIRES. WHAT WOULD BE THE CORRECT SIZE TIRE FOR THIS CAR . I WOULD NEED RACINGS SLICKS.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Ronnie, where are you located, as there may be some Sponsors on TMO that can help you quite a bit and depending on what you plan to do with the car would help you decide on the tire to purchase as TMS noted.

Are you running a certain class? Looking for the largest tire that fits/works?
Just track days only no racing, looking for largest correct size tire . some one before me was using a 3/8 spacer on the rear and 1/4 spacer on the front .I just want make sure i order the correct size tire for this car.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Check out the fitment guide from site sponsor Apex Race Parts.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I ran 315/18s on my Boss S, but if you are planning to just do HPDEs and no W2W racing there are plenty of other choices out there. You also have the option of buying used race tires ( Pirelli or Michelin ) also.

TMO Supporting Vendors