The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Thunder on the Hill Sunday June 8th 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice pics Sean! Too bad that Cobra wasn't just a few feet further back so you could see the whole thing. My parade lap pics are of me and 1 or 2 blah imports in the background. You got a nice shot there.

I bought the CD of mine. http://www.gotbluemilk.com/web140608/733/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dtb-bGxHdZk

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Since we know what happened, I wonder what caused the tire to fail. Could it be the fact a Boss is staying right there with him with less overall performance (aka kudos to Rick for some nice, smooth driving)?

The way it was sliding it looks like the right rear tire was sideways while exiting the track. I bet it happened right there.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Those are great pictures all around. I can't wait until the next BMO track day. Hopefully we can continue the good fortune of having a good time and being safe.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Rick - Great video and photos - nice work all the way around!

Andy - it's a no go Joe on the video - can't see out the windshield because of the glare - would like to know how Rick shot his! Great shots of my hand work but I can hardly see you with the screen right in front of me!

To the rest of the crew - it was great meeting all of you out there! I'll be back on track in the Fall, until then it's off to the show circuit and a cruise or two this summer.

Dave

With HOD C is advanced with point bye and D is advanced/race prep with no point bye. I'm usually C and have no desire for open passing yet. I did run one session in D a couple of weeks ago but I was helping Gordon with hot laps for guest. I think they ran out of C and gave me D as the groups ran together last weekend. The Lotus club was there and bought a run group. I'm finally feeling more comfortable on track which probably means I'm ready to crash. ???

One of the keys to never crashing is to stay nervous. D group is fast but most all are very experienced drivers....you probably noted that there are spec Miatas that run with Porsche Cup Cars in D.....be aware of what is behind you and don't change your line. Be predictable...point by early if you want, let the fast guys know that you see them...they do not want to damage their cars either.

Again, stay nervous.

l8te apx said:
One of the keys to never crashing is to stay nervous. D group is fast but most all are very experienced drivers....you probably noted that there are spec Miatas that run with Porsche Cup Cars in D.....be aware of what is behind you and don't change your line. Be predictable...point by early if you want, let the fast guys know that you see them...they do not want to damage their cars either.

Again, stay nervous.
Good advice. Fear is your friend. I'm very nervous about running with the race group (no point-by) at Road America in a couple weeks.....in part because I'm not nervous (consciously) when I'm out on the track.

NFSBOSS said:
Hey I didn't say I wasn't nervous! What I meant is I'm getting comfortable with the speed and getting passed by much faster guys. There were plenty of fast guys that passed me both weekends but I didn't freak out when they came up on me and knew exactly what to do.
Mine was a general statement. We all know the Duffinator never gets nervous 8)

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Ever since Pete turned Rick onto those cheater tires (Nittos) he's become a Beast! Now he runs with the race group and slays dragons (Z/28s). Then of course Pete goes with even more advanced cheater tires (R6s) and leaves the rest of us behind on Spec Series tires (Contis)
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors