The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Thunder on the Hill Sunday June 8th 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Well my truck had to bail due to work/school commitments so I won't be a trailer queen and I'll be up there around 2. I suppose I'll do the BBQ as well. Walking a bit of the track won't hurt. Got all three GoPro's ready to go! Just waiting on the car to be ready (brakes, tow hook, brake cooling kit, headlights, and oil change).

Latest forecast is for 106* :eek:

GT500 fan took a little over a half hour to install. Brake fluid flushed and pads inspected. Only have to change the oil before the car is ready.

BTW I have two BMO hats left for sale and they are $20 each. I will bring them with me.

Although hot it was a fun day and we had seven Bosses and one blown 5.0 at the track. When I arrived at the track at 6:32 this morning it was already 85 degrees! (pic to follow) The hottest temp I saw today was during my last session when my dash temp readout showed 107!!! Surprisingly my car ran great all day but I was trying to shift around 6,500 but did constantly bounce off the rev limiter on the back straight. The hottest CHT I saw was 238. While hot the humidity was in the low teens and the track is a couple of hundred feet above sea level.

As previously mentioned there were two Z/28's in the advanced/race run group. We parked next to one of the owners and he was a very nice guy and told us all about the car. I tried to stalk him but he eluded me all day. One session it looked like I'd be right behind him but he ended up right behind me. I never saw him on track including my mirrors. Now I did run across the other Z/28 and gave him a point by. But I was surprised how close our cars were on the straight. Without totally spilling the beans lets just say the Z/28 driver couldn't handle Boss 302 heat and you're going to LOVE the video. I'll try and get it posted tomorrow night.

Thanks for getting us all organized Rick! I had a great time and Tammy loved her ride along. Even though I went a little slower that session, she really liked it but called me a "nutter." Apparently a UK term for psychotic. :eek:

Her hand still had a little shake an hour later at lunch. 8)

That was funny when my car started beeping and I didn't know what it was. ;D Turned out the ORANGE TPMS unit cries when the tires get too hot. The default setting is 176* but I saw 186* on the last session. I'm curious what I should set it to for the Hankook R-S3's.

http://www.orange-electronic.com/en/orange_retrofit_m202_lns.html

Looking forward to the video. I was a little suspect of that guy when I saw his car parked at the hotel with that shiny new splitter deformed against the curb in front of his parking spot. ::)

Maybe next year we'll go back to Laguna. It got up to a blistering 77 in Monterey today. 8)

Viper said he got some video as well. Post up !!!

ufnavy06

That Z/28 was parked outside my hotel room all night long. It was horrible. I talked to the owner of the silver Z/28 that was next to us. He's from Austin, TX and has been on COTA but not with his Z. He said it's his track toy and not a garage queen. Speaking of, I noticed he had a nasty crack already in his windshield. Said he was going to get it replaced. Also, he told me was looking to get behind the Bosses because he knew that'd be a good line for him to learn (it was his first time at TH). He was purposely not taking point bys so he could stay behind a slower car to learn the line.

Instead of going out with B group for my last session, I rode with Gordon in a C7. I got some in-car video of it but unfortunately, the contrast between outside and inside the car is so great it's almost impossible to tell where we were on the track. I'm sure some of you will be able to figure it out.

ufnavy06

The GoPro's interface is pretty good but it's free so yeah. I'll be looking forward to seeing your perspective. I know the result. BTW, nice reference with the unicorn there, Rick.

ufnavy06

Here's a few pictures from the parade laps. You can see me upfront with Dennis in his GHIG and Rick in the background. Credit to Dido over at gotbluemilk.com for the pictures.GBM52579_zpsda8e68b8.jpg
GBM52676_zps99d0dc54.jpg

Here's some from my sessions:

GBM54846_zpsd5e05849.jpg
GBM54940_zpse08d01dd.jpg

ufnavy06

steveespo said:
So Rick, you were chasing a unicorn and it turned around backwards and ate your GoPro?
Steve

You might say that. That's not exactly true but isn't completely false. Haha.

TMO Supporting Vendors