The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking at going around the same time. I start a school in South Carolina on the 13th so I plan to attend the track attack right before it.

June 3-4 two day for me. Considering Raptor but may hold off and do it later with my bro. If anyone does it, post up a review.

I don't get why anyone would not do it, even if just the one day. My buddy isn't doing it because he traded in for a 13 GT500 but he was jazzed to go before that.

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict

CaliMR said:
June 3-4 two day for me. Considering Raptor but may hold off and do it later with my bro. If anyone does it, post up a review.

I don't get why anyone would not do it, even if just the one day. My buddy isn't doing it because he traded in for a 13 GT500 but he was jazzed to go before that.

I'm going to try to make this date as well...I'm REALLY considering doing the Raptor day.

I just signed up for 25 September. I'm bringing another Boss owner that doesn't do forums. If anyone gets this date, let me know and I'll buy the first round.

Bay Area

I just got back from my BTA. All I can say it that it is "Effin" awesome. The entire staff does a great job and they really do put 110% effort into the program. My only regret is that I didnt do the two day event but ill be back for more soon.

On a side note. There are better hotels for a cheaper rate in downtown SLC if you want to get out and do some sight seeing. I stayed in a luxury hotel i t he middle of town and it was walkign distance to eveything that they had to offer. ANd it was only 5 extra minutes drive time from the track.

byronj said:
I just got back from my BTA. All I can say it that it is "Effin" awesome. The entire staff does a great job and they really do put 110% effort into the program. My only regret is that I didnt do the two day event but ill be back for more soon.

On a side note. There are better hotels for a cheaper rate in downtown SLC if you want to get out and do some sight seeing. I stayed in a luxury hotel i t he middle of town and it was walkign distance to eveything that they had to offer. ANd it was only 5 extra minutes drive time from the track.

True that. It was absolutely AMAZING. And I equally regret not doing the second day :(

Bay Area

TheMarco said:
byronj said:

True that. It was absolutely AMAZING. And I equally regret not doing the second day :(

Where you there on the 22nd?

byronj said:
TheMarco said:
byronj said:

Where you there on the 22nd?

Yep! I'm sure we must have talked at some point. I had the white 2012 Boss:

tumblr_mcb2xzoLeT1qzug68o1_500.jpg

I went to the Boss Track Attack two weeks ago today. I know others have said this but I'll say it as well, it was truly a once in a lifetime experience. I felt during the day it was surreal as I was driving around this world class track in a Boss 302. I'm not a gear head, race fan, car guy or even very knowledgeable in the automotive field. I was unaware of the history of the Boss 302 prior to my purchase of this car. I just happen to own an awesome car that I now know what it is designed and capable of doing in the right hands, not mine by any means. Thanks Ford Motor co, Larry H. Miller (looking down on this all with a smile) and Miller motor sports park.

1fastang

For those of you who don't know who Larry H Miller was, There is a book out I just finished reading called DRIVEN, Larry was a pretty remarkable guy, very giving, would do anything for anyone and took care of the people who worked for him. Very intelligent in the business sense too. Its an easy read.

After talking to the guys at BTA and a friend who has driven one elsewhere, I went with the GT for the second day. They are set up for the track, not just a stock GT with a bucket, and I have driven quite a few "real" racecars so the extra $400 didn't make sense for me. However, if you will probably never drive a racecar other than at BTA then it is probably worth the extra money just for the experience. After the insurance and stuff it ends up being a little more, it was $1200 for the GT and they said $400 more for the FR500. The Raptor school is really tempting me, but I talked to my bro and he wants to do it but can't afford it right now. So probably going to go back and do that with him later, unless we sack up and do that rally school on the east coast. I don't remember the name but there is one that is 3 days and is supposed to be really awesome.

I'm thinking of saving up to go for the 3-day class somewhere in 2013

http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/driving-school/ford-racing-high-performance-driving-school/3-day-school.html

That, or take the 3-day Pro class at the AMG Driving Academy. They're close to where I live (Laguna Seca) so that might be the cheaper option...

Georgia

fduboss302 said:
For those of you that did the 2nd day (in the FR500S) was it really worth it? I'm still on the fence... $1400 :eek:

For me, I saw it as a once in a life time opportunity... and I am already there (travel, hotel, etc.) so why not! You also get to drive on the faster "West" course so it gives you a another experience. While the GT cars are slightly cheaper, the factory race cars are just that, race cars; slightly lighter and tighter.

While it did rain on us and we had to run on the new BFG Comp 2 tires vs. the racing slicks, it was a great experience that still has me grinning ear to ear. ;D

I am trying to figure out how I can get out there and do that again!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel