The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GB899 said:
right now the debate is drive or fly...
from east end of Nebraska...
about 1000 miles each way
will break it into 2 days each way...
just not in the boss...
3 people don't fit really well long term...

This reminded me of when I first joined the Army. Three of us broke Privates drove from Ft. Knox,KY to Orlando, FL round trip in a '87 RX7. Lol. Sucked tacking turns in the trunk with our bags. :)

Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To anyone who has recently tried to sign up for the “COMPLIMENTARY BOSS IMMERSION, TRACK EXPERIENCE” and was told it was sold out, try again. After several days of emails and phone conversations with Ford and Miller they are now offering more days.

Heading to BTA today! Have been SO looking forward to this, and to meeting/spending quality track time with fellow BMO-ers. Cheers!

I went Monday this week, May 5th. Drove the silver Laguna Seca #45, build date 9/10, I am trying to remember, I looked under the hood, I think it was #14.
I opted for day two the 6th, I drove FR500S #88. Got to run on slicks, it was a blast, and do they stick!
It was a blast! I will definately be going back.
Steve

The Rip said:
I went Monday this week, May 5th. Drove the silver Laguna Seca #45, build date 9/10, I am trying to remember, I looked under the hood, I think it was #14.
I opted for day two the 6th, I drove FR500S #88. Got to run on slicks, it was a blast, and do they stick!
It was a blast! I will definately be going back.
Steve

Was there with The Rip and 13 others. Freakin' awesome is all I can say! Second day in the FR500S is totally worth it... insane fun!!! Incredible what those cars can do with full race chassis setup, monster brakes and slicks. I'll go back someday. Program is really professionally run, instructors are great, track and facilities are first rate, and you get the world's coolest trophy to take home with you at the end... completely worth every penny. Best of all, met some great fellow Boss owners and made new friends. Just go!

Totally agree with The Rip and DaBoss. Met them both and a had great time chasing them around the track in a FR500S. Definitely worth the money and time. I wasn't the fastest, but wasn't the slowest either. :)
On a side note, we had someone in our group fly in from Italy to attend the Track Attack. He might win for coming the furthest!

At BTA Monday Tuesday this week as well Great time with me in Boss #61 and my wife in GT #27. Second day in the GTs was great. Ready for some track day action now! This was a very well run operation. We had a ball spending time with similarly "afflicted" people. Kinda like a support group!

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750

Went to the Track Attack April 25. Weather couldn't have been better.The experience was awesome. Was amazed how well the car handled.What a great time. The trophy was really cool. And, I had 476 pictures to see. Kudos to Ford and the guys at MillerSports.

Yes, they do a great job. My son as guest driver, wife as observer and I as Boss owner all had a great time. I was concerned that my wife would feel out-of-place and possibly be bored but she said it was a very good day for her. She learned a lot, there was always someone around for her to talk with and she loved watching us run from the tower. Taking hot laps with the instructor was the highlight for her.

Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wwilde001 said:
Totally agree with The Rip and DaBoss. Met them both and a had great time chasing them around the track in a FR500S. Definitely worth the money and time. I wasn't the fastest, but wasn't the slowest either. :)
On a side note, we had someone in our group fly in from Italy to attend the Track Attack. He might win for coming the furthest!

Lol. Yay. Do I get a trophy for that too? Good time meeting everyone. Hope to see you all at a track event when I move back to the states. Loved the school. I left Tuesday right after the little ceremony and made it to Orlando this morning. Jack and Cokes now to reward myself for not getting any tickets. :)

Talked with one of the Ford Racing school mechanics the last day and got some good info on the BTA Bosses...

Engine/drivetrain:
1. Stock motor, no internal mods.
2. They use Lucas Oil products (Lucas Oil is a sponsor). They run 20w-50 Lucas synthetic oil in the motors (Lucas does not make a 5w50 syn oil apparently).
2. Ford Racing (Setrab) external oil cooler added. Stock 8.5 qt oil pan retained.
3. Larger capacity radiator added.
4. Misfire codes/limp mode... They do occasionally see misfire codes and limp mode. He said every time it occurs it is correlated with the RPMs bouncing off the rev limiter. (Note: Trackey is used in all BTA Bosses.)
5. Transmission... they've not experienced transmission failures or clutch pedal sticking problems. Transmission is stock MT82 w/ FRPP cooling scoop. Shifter and shifter rear bushing is stock. He agreed that the stock shifter is not a great "track" shifter and likes the MGW.

Brakes:
1. Brembo full-race slotted front calipers
2. PFC 14" two piece full-race front rotors
3. PFC PF01/08 pads (front/rear)
(Performance Friction is a sponsor)
4. PFC rear slotted rotors, stock calipers
4. FRPP front brake cooling kit

Note: Brakes were not an issue during BTA... no fade, solid pedal, good modulation, no issues.

Suspension/tires:
1. Stock LS spec, except for MMS camber plates added. Camber set at -2.5 to -3.
2. Struts/shocks set at 4 front, 5 rear.
3. BFG Comp 2s, stock sizes f/r (Michelin/BFG is a sponsor)

Safety:
1. Roll cage (no side bracing).
2. 4-point harnesses (stock Recaros used)

I thought all of the cars were upgraded to LS suspension specs?

Correct... stock LS spec suspension. They also run MMS camber/caster plates set at -2.5 to -3 deg camber (sorry, forgot about that one). No other suspension mods noted.

They made a point that they wanted to Bosses to be as stock as possible, only adding the requisite track safety and durability mods where needed. One could say that camber plates go beyond that, but they are probably trying to maximize tire longevity with those.

Another note is that the parking brake on the Track Attack cars are disabled, due to the PFC two piece rear rotor. These rear rotors do not accommodate the parking brake. Just a thought if you want to run them on the street.

Had a blast! The instructors were great and the whole event was well planned. Ford really did a nice job with this program. Got tons of pics and video and the zip drive pics are awesome! I have a new found respect for the Boss...absolutely amazing on the track. I got to drive #25...2012 red with black stripes.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel