Camber plates - which ones to get

Discussion in 'Suspension and Chassis' started by kart125, Feb 26, 2017.

1. OPMustang Tim

OPMustang Tim TMO Race

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    jameskhana likes this.
  2. jameskhana

jameskhana TMO Intermediate

Thanks for the very helpful guidance and info @JAJ and @OPMustang Tim. Those options both seem like a good fit for me since they retain the OE rubber spring seat. In comparing them it appears that the Steeda plates are capable of a greater degree of camber adjustment?

Steeda: "adjust camber angle from -0.3 degrees to -2.8 degrees" vs. J&M: "Over 1.75 degrees of camber adjustment"

Also it appears that the Steeda plates cannot be adapted to coilovers with a separate kit later on, but they do offer another camber plate set that is compatible with coilovers.

3. JAJ

JAJ TMO Race

I only run -1.8 degrees (OEM rims are pretty stiff) so I haven't bothered to find out how far the plates will adjust. That said, when I saw your post, I went out to look at the car, and I wouldn't be surprised if they do allow a lot of adjustment. The limiting factor for most camber plates is the small size of the opening in the fender where the strut nut hits the edge of the opening at the limit of travel. The Steeda plate positions the strut nut low enough that it might actually fit under the edge of the opening. That would allow more movement than other plates. I can't confirm it but it looks that way. Besides, I doubt that Steeda would claim that range of movement if the plates couldn't deliver.

jameskhana likes this.