Captdistraction's ST2/GTR build thread

Discussion in 'Road Racing Forum' started by captdistraction, Feb 22, 2015.

1. DocB

DocB TMO Advanced

capt, do you think you could post a link to where one might find the Boss 302S rollover check valve vent adapter?
    Also, any tips on removing the EVAP system, especially the hose on the right side of the car that goes into the front right topside of the gas tank? TIA.

2. captdistraction

captdistraction I am the breaker of things

I’ll expand on all of that tomorrow as I continue efforts and take pictures. I hadn’t looked at the hose yet but ultimately I’d like to remove it.

The check valve assembly I picked up from another member, but I’m sure it originated at Watson Racing. I don’t see it on their site but I can maybe come up with a collection of parts is the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator

I hope you're back out having fun in your Mustang soon.

ArizonaBOSS likes this.
  4. captdistraction

captdistraction I am the breaker of things

Looking more and more like January, but that's just over 3 months away, so will be here before I know it.

On the evap system, I removed it all today, just over 20lbs of junk, wiring and plumbing. I did install the boss 302S rollover check valve assembly (which is just a linear check valve assembly, a barb elbow on one end and a oem connector on the other), but I haven't routed vent hose. There's also a small line coming from the filler neck, I think its a vent line as well, but will have to research what to do with it.

IMG_4590.jpg IMG_4592.jpg IMG_4594.jpg IMG_4595.jpg IMG_4597.jpg IMG_4598.jpg IMG_4600.jpg

Double0Fox and VoodooBoss like this.
  5. DocB

DocB TMO Advanced

The small line that goes up along side the filler neck is a vent line and eventually turns into and pokes into the filler neck in an area where the gas can spout gets caught on it when refueling. Especially large diameter spouts and the VP fuel can spout. Do yourself a favor now that you have it apart and dremel off the part of the metal vent line inside the filler neck. Just a suggestion.
    I did this and it works great.