The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Coil Covers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
I think he is talking about the Blue ones on the engine. Ford Racing makes some nice chrome ones to replace the blue ones. I think they just snap on.
Brian

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
batman48195 said:
I think he is talking about the Blue ones on the engine. Ford Racing makes some nice chrome ones to replace the blue ones. I think they just snap on.
Brian
ahh its early my mind went straight to overs not covers.

I think they just pop off.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqxAZ_Zq0Qs[/youtube]

cobra said:
Are the coil covers easy to take off.
Yes. Remove the vent tube on either side and the pull right off. Very easy. Are you going to do something like this?

P1020961.jpg

A little history, my '69 Boss OEM chrome valve covers were stamped, "Powered by Ford". The emphasis is on POWERED, as those LS guys have found out ;D

Mike

ford-racing-50-coil-covers-585x388.jpg

I kind of like these crackle ones but the motor is already all black. I should make some orange ones to match the shift ball I want.

ansen-coyote-50-valve-cover.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors