The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

DO I pull the trigger or hold onto the Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bay Area
Well, I've been holding out on the GT350. I have an opportunity to purchase a 17 lightening blue for only 3K ADM. I have been talking to these guys for months and last week they pulled the typical salesperson move, "another buyer is coming to look at it and they are serious." that was with a 5K ADM. I said sale it to them.
Got the call today I can get it. OHHHH my 1st world problems. Do I put the cash down to hold it, sale the Boss and get a GT350 or keep the Boss. I love my Boss but I also loved driving the GT350 at track tour. Anyway I guess this is just me venting. Who knows what I will do now..

Do it.

IMG_9041_zpsyexdc2ce.jpg

Bay Area
Jabooh1 said:
Have you done anything to your Boss? I was thinking the same thing but with everything I have done to mine I decided to hold it, wait for the 2018 or 19 GT500, then have both.

Ive done a few mods, coil overs, MGW, GT500 axle backs, stock rims, plus two sets of 18" rims, extra set of Boss shocks/ struts, w/ p springs, L/S cross brace (not installed) Hawk front pads/rotors (not installed) extra stock pads, steel braided brake lines, ARP studs (not installed). Oh geez, I could keep going, plus all stock parts. HA!! Again 1st world problems.

Being a new Boss owner, I'd say do it! I personally would have loved to jump into a GT350 but it wasn't within my price range for an occasional driver/toy. I really don't think you can go wrong either way, but the GT350 is one bad car! If you do move forward, I'd be interested in some Boss parts ;)

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
I drove a GT350 the other week. Lightning blue. It was nice. Not blown away by it. The exhaust note was weird to my ear. Used to classic American V8.

I wouldn't give up my Silver Red LS for one. There will always be the newest latest and greatest. Buy the GT350 now. Next year your squrming over whether to unload that for the new GT500.

The well kept low mileage Boss LS is keeper IMHO for numerous reasons over a new GT350. If you can afford both thats different.

I bet any guys back in '76/'77 dumping their '70 Boss for the new V8 Mustang II Cobra or subsequent Fox body are kicking themselves today.

7500RPM_Ben

TMO Clueless
I would hold on to the Boss until you can find a GT350 for MSRP. I almost pulled the trigger on one and apparently did not search hard enough for an MSRP deal. I bought my Boss 302 in the color I wanted and could not be happier with her. I love everything about my Boss and I did not want to take out a loan. After I purchased my Boss I found a dealer that is local that told me they can order me one at sticker and they had one already on the floor that was sold at sticker. I would keep the Boss and hold out.

Bay Area
7500RPM_Ben said:
I would hold on to the Boss until you can find a GT350 for MSRP. I almost pulled the trigger on one and apparently did not search hard enough for an MSRP deal. I bought my Boss 302 in the color I wanted and could not be happier with her. I love everything about my Boss and I did not want to take out a loan. After I purchased my Boss I found a dealer that is local that told me they can order me one at sticker and they had one already on the floor that was sold at sticker. I would keep the Boss and hold out.

Thanks for all the good advice guys. I want this GT350 and my buddy will buy my Boss and I can buy it back but, Asof today I am keeping the Boss. Things could change next week.

DEye

You can't get there from here...
What's the price down there ?
We have a dealership in town with three on the floor, "the base model " goes for 71,000 and the deluxe for 82,000, cabon wheels etc... Plus tax ( 15%).
More than we paid for our first house.

Don

Bay Area
DEye said:
What's the price down there ?
We have a dealership in town with three on the floor, "the base model " goes for 71,000 and the deluxe for 82,000, cabon wheels etc... Plus tax ( 15%).
More than we paid for our first house.

Don

After Tax Title License and everything is said and done its a total of 74k with financing of 2.49%

DEye

You can't get there from here...
So at today's rate 71,000 Canadian = 54,222 US

When I bought the Boss out of state (province) I did not pay tax, i paid it when I got home and registered the car.

TMO Supporting Vendors