The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Do The Screw In Your 302 2015 Friday May 22nd @ Laguna Seca

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Do The Screw In Your 302 2015

NFSBOSS said:
We need to hear from some of the usual suspects:

SDS - Steve
Fat Boss - Andy
Fiddler49 - The other Andy
Boss2273 - Dave
Surfergeek - Jared
MonaBoss - Dennis
CA302LS - Jim
Cali_KR - Tom
cobrakids - Bruce
Neema - Neema
Ilesjohn - John
Both dates look doable to me, although I'll be coming back from my niece's graduation in CO prior to the May date. Now I just need to actually make it to a track day!

Fiddler49 said:
Both dates look doable to me, although I'll be coming back from my niece's graduation in CO prior to the May date. Now I just need to actually make it to a track day!
If you're only going to do one track day ever LS is the place to go.

http://www.supercompressor.com/rides/the-best-race-tracks-in-america?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social-media&utm_content=America%27s+16+Best+Race+Tracks

NFSBOSS said:

+1

Even better when we get a good group of BMO together. Last year I think it was 21ish. Maybe some snow country folks this time?....

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.

NFSBOSS said:

http://www.supercompressor.com/rides/the-best-race-tracks-in-america?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social-media&utm_content=America%27s+16+Best+Race+Tracks

Nice find. And I've been on 3 of them. Should be 6 right now (Sonoma, Sebring and Daytona are the ones I've had chances). If I go back east next year, VIR is at the top of the list.

I'm in for May.

Will the stock exhaust make the sound at 90db limit without lifting?

Steve

NFSBOSS said:
Yes but you'll want the stock discs in your side pipes. I've run my GT500 mufflers with 1/2" discs and passed at 90 db.

I was at Laguna early December and ran with the side pipes open and didn't have an issue surprisingly, turning 1:48's as it was a bit wet on some corners and had to keep off the paint entirely most of the day due to on and off rain. I would bring them open and if you get meatball'd just through in the restrictors between runs - should be plenty of jacks available if you don't bring one!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Re: Do The Screw In Your 302 2015 Friday May 22nd

I'm sorry for you...I was sad to miss the last gathering at Thunderhill.

Anyone planning to run in the point-by group? I'm inclined to run there unless I'll be the only one!

TMO Supporting Vendors