The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Do The Screw In Your 302 2015 Friday May 22nd @ Laguna Seca

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garages might be available depending if there is another Sat/Sun event - if it's open or just another HPDE then yes, if the SCCA or the like are there then not typically. Also on the Laguna garages you split forward and back, not side by side and HOD doesn't allow the drive thru option in the garage to enter the track - which kinda sucks1

I expect garages to be available and we'll double up as in the past. They usually send an email a couple of weeks in advance. Please post up if you'd like a garage, or split a garage, and I'll reserve them in advance and get them all together. In 2013 I believe we had 5-6 garages next to each other.

Hey guys,

Total Newbie here. I tracked my car for the first time at the 50th in Las Vegas back in April. Definitely caught the bug and am interested in pursuing the sport. I am signed up for the 2 day Track attack at Miller Motorsport Park in July. Is the upcoming event at LS something I should consider or even eligible to attend? What are the requirements? I have a certified helmet and I installed the brake cooling ducts. Do I need a roll cage? How would I know if my exhaust will pass beforehand. don't want to come all that way and not be able to drive! Any advice is much appreciated!

You should attend and start off in the A group. HOD will provide you with an instructor and no roll bar is needed. LS is an awesome track so come hang out with us for the day.

http://www.hookedondriving.com/event-details/May_22,_FRIDAY_ONLY,_Mazda_Raceway_Laguna_Seca

For those attending make sure you get your hotel reservations now even if you aren't signed up. You can always cancel later.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
NFSBOSS said:
For those attending make sure you get your hotel reservations now even if you aren't signed up. You can always cancel later.

Thanks for the reminder! Good news is that prices haven't crept up since I last checked...bad news is that rates were still almost double of what I've been used to on my last couple of trips to Laguna Seca!

And please put me on the list for a garage rental.

I'm in! Do I need a garage? If so I'll be happy to share with someone. Yeah, kinda obvious it's my first track time outside of BTA. :) Staying at the Embassy Suites. Where's everyone else staying?

Cool. Did you sign up for A? If Wingrider is instructing that day you should request him.

I'm at the Courtyard in Salinas. There's also a Holiday Inn Express in Salinas. It's a short drive to the track from Salinas. We'll see if we can coordinate dinner the night before on Thursday evening. I'm thinking the Outback in Salinas but open for other ideas.

NFSBOSS said:
Cool. Did you sign up for A? If Wingrider is instructing that day you should request him.

I'm at the Courtyard in Salinas. There's also a Holiday Inn Express in Salinas. It's a short drive to the track from Salinas. We'll see if we can coordinate dinner the night before on Thursday evening. I'm thinking the Outback in Salinas but open for other ideas.
Yep, signed up for A. Mike Gerhardt is my neighbor, so I might get teamed up with him. Yeah, it was pretty pricey anywhere near the track, so I may move towards Salinas.

neema said:
I've got a lot of catch up to do. don't know if I'll get everything up and running in time, but at the least, I'll come take pictures and say hi.

Rick, what group are you running in? Will this be the first shakedown of your JRi/Cortex parts?
It will be good to see you. I'm in C group and I should have a couple of days on the CorteX setup by then. My first track day this season will be March 14 @ Thunderhill with HOD.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Rick, I vote Turn 12 in Monterey. It's car themed and has good food. I'm sure if I let them know ahead of time we can make it work.

It's also cheaper than Outback.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel