The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Do The Screw In Your 302 2015 Friday May 22nd @ Laguna Seca

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
An excuse to go to Outback is fine with me. Just trying to help a local place out and let people try something different.

If the timing can be worked out, I wouldn't mind trying Turn 12. Always up for a local recommendation! If not Thursday night, maybe Friday as I plan to stay that night as well.

Where ever you want to eat is fine as I may not make it in time regardless. I won't be leaving from home until 2:30-3:00 so I may not get into town until 7:00 anyway.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Fiddler49 said:
If the timing can be worked out, I wouldn't mind trying Turn 12. Always up for a local recommendation! If not Thursday night, maybe Friday as I plan to stay that night as well.

Was thinking the same thing. I still need to eat Friday night. ;) My only concern might be the parking situation there...Friday night in Monterey.

ufnavy06

There's a parking garage across the street from Turn 12. $3 for parking. Parking here isn't as bad as people think.

Just got back last weekend from HOD at Laguna. I've been staying at a little place in Pacific Grove for years. Kind of familiar with that area. Where is Turn 12? Thanks.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
ufnavy06 said:
There's a parking garage across the street from Turn 12. $3 for parking. Parking here isn't as bad as people think.

Always helps to have local knowledge! :) I'm just a dang tourist in Monterey!

That garage looks huge. Looks like it's joined to the one kitty-corner from Turn 12. All the same garage?

Food joint I'm thinking... Turn 12. Or if you're the Flying Lizard and introduced the 'vette to a little known modification of Laguna, Turn 12 just after the hairpin. Poor 'vette!

ufnavy06

576 said:
Just got back last weekend from HOD at Laguna. I've been staying at a little place in Pacific Grove for years. Kind of familiar with that area. Where is Turn 12? Thanks.

It's off Tyler St and Franklin St. 1 block away from the wharf.

Yes, that garage is huge and it is connected. One side is cheaper than the other (the side closest to Turn 12).

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
NFSBOSS said:
Sounds good.

We still haven't hear from:

@Boss2273 - Dave
@MonaBoss - Dennis
@CA302LS - Jim
@cali_kr - Tom
@cobrakidz - Bruce
@neema - Neema
@Wingrider

Wuhha huh? I better re-read this thread. I'm down for attending and said I'm in previously but it had slipped my mind the significance of these dates. I'd be in for a garage as well. I'll take point on a solo garage, or if someone wants to share with me if we run out. Rick you wrangling them?

Let me re-figure out what my plans are for this. There are 2 days Thursday and Friday that I have on my HOD calendar to attend so I'll be there hopefully at least as a coach. I hadn't thought it out the stay somewhere aspect of it so gotta check in with my other half to make sure something hasn't changed as this creeps up on a milestone anniversary. Not one to duck out on if she had plans.

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
There's also a great place up hwy 68- 10 minutes from the track called Tarpy's Roadhouse. Have eaten there many times and make trips down from the south bay to dine. I'm good for whatever and Outback works to if this winds up being in the wrong direction as its monterey direction not towards Salinas.

Just throwing it out there as local intel.

Tarpy's Menu
http://tarpys.com/menus/dinner
Tarpy's Location-
http://tinyurl.com/tarpysroadhouse
Tarpy's Reviews-
http://www.yelp.com/biz/tarpys-roadhouse-monterey?sort_by=date_desc

@Wingrider I already had you down in the first thread probably just got carried away with the @ @ @. LOL

I have a set of Race Ramps and they work well. You'll want the 67" two piece and pay the difference to upgrade. Whatever you do DONOT buy the one piece as you won't be able to get under your car. With my CorteX/JRi dampers lowering my car and with my WC splitter I just barely clear. ;)

Just a reminder even if you're not going to track your car to come hang out with us in the garages. Yes I'll get the garages all lined up, there are usually plenty available. HOD rents helmets and I'm sure several of us will be willing to take others out on track.

ufnavy06

Nice. Also I'm fine with dinner at Outback if that's easier on Thursday. Anyone who stays on Friday is welcome to check out Turn 12.

NFSBOSS said:
@WingriderYou'll want the 67" two piece and pay the difference to upgrade. Whatever you do DONOT buy the one piece as you won't be able to get under your car.
Ditto! Glad I got the 67" two piece, even though it's still a pain working under the car at my advanced age... ::)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel