The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Do The Screw In Your 302 2015 Friday May 22nd @ Laguna Seca

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302 said:
Revised my hotel reservation and saved $45. Looks like bedspace is opening up and prices are coming down in Salinas.
Where?

One last check before I confirm the garages. If this is not going to work for you or you want to cancel please let me know ASAP. I tried to pair cars up in the same run group but Jared and Andy aren't. Grant and Joe are traveling together. The garages usually cost $100 so split that's $50 each and payable in cash at the event. I'll let you know ASAP if the price is different.

Garages pairing:
1. Steve and Dave- Run group D
2. Rick and Bret- Run group C
3.Doug- Instructor
4. Grant full garage C
5. Jared and Andy- Run groups C & B

My travel plans have changed slightly and I'll now be in town by 4:00 and sadly my son, aka the trunk monkey, will not be with me. So I can make dinner. Sean do you want to make the reservations? Bret will not be joining us for dinner and will arrive Fri morning. If you want to join us for our no host dinner then please post up with how many people will be in your group. I'll see if any of the HOD peeps want to join us.

I've also ordered up sunny 72 degree weather for us (subject to change) so it should be a perfect BMO track day.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/salinas-ca/93901/daily-weather-forecast/327135?day=11

Any locals that aren't running come hang out with us for the day. Bring a helmet if you have one in case you want to go out for a ride. HOD also has helmets for rent and I believe they are $20 for the day.

@Grant 302
@Moto
@Viper1mx
@ufnavy06
@Boss2273
@Surfergeek
@SDS
@Wingrider
@Fiddler49
@Tri-bar
@BigTaco
@Fat Boss
@Badbossed
@neema
@101blur
@MonaBoss
@CA302LS
@cali_kr
@cobrakidz

NFSBOSS said:
One last check before I confirm the garages. If this is not going to work for you or you want to cancel please let me know ASAP. I tried to pair cars up in the same run group but Jared and Andy aren't. Grant and Joe are traveling together. The garages usually cost $100 so split that's $50 each and payable in cash at the event. I'll let you know ASAP if the price is different.

Garages pairing:
1. Steve and Dave- Run group D
2. Rick and Bret- Run group C
3.Doug- Instructor
4. Grant and Joe- Run groups C & D
5. Jared and Andy- Run groups C & B

My travel plans have changed slightly and I'll now be in town by 4:00 and sadly my son, aka the trunk monkey, will not be with me. So I can make dinner. Sean do you want to make the reservations? Bret will not be joining us for dinner and will arrive Fri morning. If you want to join us for our no host dinner then please post up with how many people will be in your group. I'll see if any of the HOD peeps want to join us.

I've also ordered up sunny 72 degree weather for us (subject to change) so it should be a perfect BMO track day.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/salinas-ca/93901/daily-weather-forecast/327135?day=11

Any locals that aren't running come hang out with us for the day. Bring a helmet if you have one in case you want to go out for a ride. HOD also has helmets for rent and I believe they are $20 for the day.

@Grant 302
@Moto
@Viper1mx
@ufnavy06
@Boss2273
@Surfergeek
@SDS
@Wingrider
@Fiddler49
@Tri-bar
@BigTaco
@Fat Boss
@Badbossed
@neema
@101blur
@MonaBoss
@CA302LS
@cali_kr
@cobrakidz

I will be in Mexico wont be back until the 23rd.. missing yet another track event.. :-\

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Alright, I can call Turn 12 if that's where we want to go. What time is best and who is going? I'll keep a list and make the call next week, probably Monday the 18th.

Viper1mx said:
Hey Rick - I'm still in the C group, just a heads up - as for garages, if HOD will let us pull out into the hot pit lane I'll pair up, if not I'd just take a solo garage. Thanks Dave
Ok. Typically they don't let us pull out on the track side but we can always try. Remember it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission. ;) Here are a few options:

1 Dave and Joe trade spots so we have two C's and two D's stacked up. Not sure if Grant and Joe want to have different garages or not. Grant?

2 Andy and Dave swap so we have two C's and then Steve and Andy can do the dance when they have to.

3 Dave takes my spot and I share with Doug or Steve and the other has a single.

4 Or?

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
NFSBOSS said:
Ok. Typically they don't let us pull out on the track side but we can always try. Remember it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

*if* drivers are allowed to exit to the hot pits from the back of the garages, they will almost certainly still be required to make the left turn and head into the paddock to stage in the cone lines for each run group. You won't be rolling from the garage straight to the track via the hot pits.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
NFSBOSS said:
1 Dave and Joe trade spots so we have two C's and two D's stacked up. Not sure if Grant and Joe want to have different garages or not. Grant?

I don't want to split garages. You've seen how much stuff comes out of my car. Now there's even more. ;)

Wingrider said:
*if* drivers are allowed to exit to the hot pits from the back of the garages, they will almost certainly still be required to make the left turn and head into the paddock to stage in the cone lines for each run group. You won't be rolling from the garage straight to the track via the hot pits.
Right. That access is the actual pit area and not the drive-thru hot pits road.

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
NFSBOSS said:
Right. That access is the actual pit area and not the drive-thru hot pits road.

I forgot to add- if Guy Gamba is there with On Edge Performance and he's using a couple of garages for tire/temps on cars that would work in favor of those wanting to roll through the hot pits as his cars will doing that already but everyone will have to be on their toes.

TMO Supporting Vendors