The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Does the 2013 BOSS have "Hill Assist" ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I believe I read an article back when the 2013s mustangs were just comming out that a new standard feature called "Hill Assist" was going to be available for the manual transmissions. Did the 2013 Boss come with this feature?

The first time I found out about it was on a hill and wasn't expecting it...chirped the wheels and felt like I was shot out of a canon because I gave it some extra revs as I typically would on a hill.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
This is a very good feature. Especially since the car is heavier. Just makes it easier to deal with on steep inclines like driveways and is especially useful in San Francisco.

John

Wow thats great, so can you completely let off the brake while the clutch is engaged without rolling back at all, even on a steep hill ?

featurecar50 said:
Wow thats great, so can you completely let off the brake while the clutch is engaged without rolling back at all, even on a steep hill ?

I believe the system holds the brakes for 2 seconds then you will start rolling.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Yep, it will hold you for about two seconds on steep hills. When you start to let out the clutch, it disengages. I have to wait first thing before it lets me roll out of my driveway in the morning. You have to be on a certain incline or greater for it to engage. Not sure exactly what the angle is but it is more than about 5 degrees I would say.

John

Rich_S said:
Makes me glad I got a 2012.
I'd rather have hill assist than skip shift. One could be useful the other never. ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors