The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

DOW 23,000+ today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agreed. At least for *some* of our lifetimes! I actually hope we never see the crap that was at the root of that financial crisis - ever again. Even *if* it's the primary reason IMO that it has been so good over these last 10 years.!
Buy low and sell high!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Lots of reasons this looks top heavy to me. But the one thing that stands out is the 13%+ rise from the December lows. 4 solid weeks and just a ~30 point bump for this one.

Talking my book of course, I just biased the spread/straddle/strangle positions heavily to the downside.

Grant 302

Almost like I know what I'm talking about...

Analysis over the weekend reinforced my thinking for today regarding the short term test showing in the daily and weekly view.

The REAL caution now, IMO, is that a 'failure' of that test or breach to new lows over last year would be a very bad sign. Again, JMO...but I'm not liking the 'structure' zooming all the way back out to a monthly view and very long term indicators.

Days like this are exactly why I hedge.

GLTA.

Grant, Trump just called to say he wants you on his board of financial advisors....Be Careful...I feel you're too honest for that position!.....you gotta laugh at this stage of the game...no further comment required or deserved................

Grant 302

Yeah, probably too honest for that. I admit I did consider applying for Season 2 of The Apprentice. The 'actual' work that Bill, the first winner was hired for, is the kind of work I did. Pretty sure I'd have heard the words, "I'm sorry Grant, but...You're Fired!" before season end. :D

Grant 302

With ~6 days of consolidation, this is going to move. I think through Thurs/Fri timeframe at least. I don't think support will hold here at 24,5. Big money is going to be under pressure to show gains for the month and they're not going to want to give back all of that 13%.

First target below that is 20 day MA at about 24,000 even. 22,500 on my radar for a possible bounce/test area. Or again to the Dec lows.

Grant 302

Yeah, I'd covered call/collar or buy puts if I owned TSLA.

Looks like all my hedges are for naught right now. I'm covered through the Feb expiry at the moment so I'm just going to have to enjoy the peace-of-mind it affords me for the next 2 1/2 weeks. Glad I did the work to make them 'free' last week and Monday. Otherwise they'd be a little dent in the gains.

For FB, I see more likelihood to test the 130-135 range. Sure, and earnings pop could very easily get to the 150-155 range...but I know which way I would bet after that if it does. Back in late Oct I was talking to a Put Seller who was considering a sale for the 140 strike on a monthly duration (predicting a bounce). I said he'd be better off buying the 135 or 140 puts a month or two out after any pop the following week. FB moves enough that we were both right.

TMO Supporting Vendors