The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

DOW 23,000+ today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Andy- Thanks for mentioning AMAT the other week. Bought a long strangle on it (buy OTM calls and puts). It's on one of my watch lists, but I haven't used it for any options fun/side bets yet. Just a handful of contracts for each side. Call side paid well and netted 3x on the pair. Good stuff for trades on the weekly expiries.

Grant 302

Just executed a bunch of costless collars on a bunch of stuff that's making 'too much money' IMO. Selling covered calls and paying for put protection (or some strangle where sale of the call is deep enough to pay for both) This is a direct hedge on equities I own. Net it's a credit to the account and protects from downward movement.

This could be a two week run because Trump is going to shut down the government again on Feb 15th.

Grant 302

Price action over the last couple of days let me feel like the bigger concerns that we were in a larger timeframe downturn are somewhat relieved. The top of the downward 18Q3 'channel' had been breached and that's one less thing to be 'worried' about. All that means to me is that the next near term downward action, I will be looking for the bounce instead of the 'dump'.

I think next likely target for a pivot is ~25,9 /26k. I won't likely move the insurance positions unless we get there before the end of next week.

I’ve heard a few times now that we’re in a Bear market rally. I’m not buying the Bear market theory. All market cycles end and this one will too but not yet. It will be hard to beat 2018 earnings so I’m not expecting a blow out year but the first half of 2019 should be solid. I’m not as positive on the second half unless we see the trade war with China end with some positive gains for the US.

My new Health Savings Account is up 7% in less than two weeks, albeit the price is directly related to Netflix stock price...

Grant 302

I think we *could* be near the top of a year+ long bear market. Failure to breach 26k in the next month or two and/or 27k into Q3 would show lack of buying at these levels.

At the moment I'm about 1.6x leveraged to the upside above 25k and about -1.1x under about 24.5k. I'm going to try to keep it about there for another month. Ramp up to -2x or so if I feel the need to hit the panic button.

The only thing I dare to *hope* for is that the volatility doesn't dry up overnight and we go sideways tightly for a year.

Grant 302

Hang on to your hats, fellas! Dumped a LOT of the call side making money when we were at -180. Paid for ALL the puts I reinforced yesterday that would protect under about 25.2k. Probably going to be a little bloody tomorrow and likely next week.

TMO Supporting Vendors