The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

DOW 23,000+ today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Back to PSX...looking it over again and checking fundamentals...I see upside over a yearly tymeframe and would easily put a top side long-ish term target in the $12X range. Shouldn't be a problem IF the markets in general rise like I think and crude doesn't unexpectedly tank from here. Dividend is decent if you're looking to buy n hold for a while. I think a 'starter' position makes sense, but would try to buy more during dips, until the position is 'filled'.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
After maxing out your 401K or IRA and taking into account your racing budget, start looking at individual stocks. My road of discretionary investing history is littered with winners like SIRI and losers like ECNC. It's a crapshoot. The best advise I learned on my journey is don't play with money you can't afford to lose.

Grant 302

After maxing out your 401K or IRA and taking into account your racing budget, start looking at individual stocks. My road of discretionary investing history is littered with winners like SIRI and losers like ECNC. It's a crapshoot. The best advise I learned on my journey is don't play with money you can't afford to lose.

^^^That. Then learn to hedge/insure. Never lose money again.

Grant 302

Showing 'topping' signs (daily and for the week)...this isn't momentum I'd buy right now. Good chance today's rally is going to evaporate through the day.

I bought my first shares in my newly established Health Savings Account yesterday. Two shares of NFLX !

On a somewhat related note, AMAT can't be expecting much in terms of a recovery in the Semi Cap Equip market. They informed me today that we'll be having two mandatory weeks of shutdown in the next two months on top of the two weeks we took off over New Years...

Grant 302

I made some purchases yesterday. Some are for the long haul and some are a crapshoot. Most important though, the track day budget is fully protected.

Should be okay for the long haul like I suggested previously. I'm just seeing likelihood of a short term pull back. Looks like I 'called' it for that intraday action so far, but I suspect more of a slide through the end of the day still and probably for the rest of the week. Maybe through next week or so before the next buying cycle kicks in. January was already showing great gains...'giving some back' toward the end of the month would be normal price action to me from the monthly perspective.

If you kept some 'dry powder' there could be a time to add to your positions soon.

A few years ago I made the argument that MY PORTION of the debt was in the neighborhood of $600k. That was based on my earnings relative to the avg taxpayer. I'm sure it's just gotten worse since then.

I don’t like playing craps with my money unless it’s at a craps table. :D

Stock analyst do a LOT of research on stocks and the industries those stocks reside in before making buy and sell recommendations. I recommend individual investors do as much research as possible before making those same decisions. Even the best analyst and investment firms only get it right about 54-55% of the time.

I love playing craps in Vegas and I’m a trained craps dealer. Everything else in Vegas is boring to me. Dealers call the one off bets in the middle “sucker bets”. I like to “lay” the odds and play the don’t side on a cold table.

When it comes to the stock market I’m a perennial Bull and make money from the markets going up. Always a good idea to have a little dry powder when there’s lots of market volatility. The past 10 years since the financial crisis will probably go down as the best continuous 10 years to invest in the stock market in most of our lifetimes.

Bay Area
"perennial Bull and make money from the markets going up. Always a good idea to have a little dry powder when there’s lots of market volatility."

I must learn about this statement above..Hopefully in due time

I bought my first shares in my newly established Health Savings Account yesterday. Two shares of NFLX !

On a somewhat related note, AMAT can't be expecting much in terms of a recovery in the Semi Cap Equip market. They informed me today that we'll be having two mandatory weeks of shutdown in the next two months on top of the two weeks we took off over New Years...

Aaaaand here we one day later and AMAT is up 10% after Lam reports good earnings.

Grant 302

When it comes to the stock market I’m a perennial Bull and make money from the markets going up. Always a good idea to have a little dry powder when there’s lots of market volatility. The past 10 years since the financial crisis will probably go down as the best continuous 10 years to invest in the stock market in most of our lifetimes.
Agreed. At least for *some* of our lifetimes! I actually hope we never see the crap that was at the root of that financial crisis - ever again. Even *if* it's the primary reason IMO that it has been so good over these last 10 years.

For everyone else - I'm only primarily a Bull...but also like to 'play' for the downturns and cycles to increase the returns on the way up. Wether it's 'hedging'/insuring or 'side-bets', it's been good for my bottom line and helps me sleep at night to *not* be a slave to the unexpected downturns.

Right now it looks like short term consolidation and I'm 'betting' on a breakout from this range near 24.5k. Up or down, I'll make some money.

Aaaaand here we one day later and AMAT is up 10% after Lam reports good earnings.
That's a nice little pop!

TMO Supporting Vendors