The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

DSS v. Dynotech Driveshaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOSS343

Theory of 1
cloud9 said:
LOL seriously I don't want to shut you up. I just thought I'd point it out. Carry on!

Oh don't worry It'll take WAY more to actually shut me up. its ....difficult to take an actual look when you are busy yelling at people....and may or may not be on a sugar rush....

I have the CF DSS installed and I had never a problem so far, not at the race track are anywhere else with stock height and no pinion angle adjustment.

Now my question is, do you think that if I install these springs in the rear only "Steeda Boss Springs Rr 195 lbs/in", which lower the rear for 0.7 - 0.8in, that I need to buy UCA or LCA to adjust the pinion angle?

I didnt know so many people preferred the DSS shaft. Why did I buy a Dynotech... :( Installing it this weekend, hopefully no vibration.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Orange said:
I have the CF DSS installed and I had never a problem so far, not at the race track are anywhere else with stock height and no pinion angle adjustment.

Now my question is, do you think that if I install these springs in the rear only "Steeda Boss Springs Rr 195 lbs/in", which lower the rear for 0.7 - 0.8in, that I need to buy UCA or LCA to adjust the pinion angle?
according to their web site no you dont.
10. with the CV in the rear there is no need to change pinion angle on lowered cars.
http://www.driveshaftshop.com/domestic-driveshafts/ford/ford-2011-14-mustang-gt-6-speed-manual-1-piece-aluminum-shaft-with-cv-900hp-3-1-2-aluminum-1350-has-no-clearance-issues

Justin said:
according to their web site no you dont.
10. with the CV in the rear there is no need to change pinion angle on lowered cars.
http://www.driveshaftshop.com/domestic-driveshafts/ford/ford-2011-14-mustang-gt-6-speed-manual-1-piece-aluminum-shaft-with-cv-900hp-3-1-2-aluminum-1350-has-no-clearance-issues

Thanks and you are right, I forgot this piece of paper I got delivered last year with the drive shaft:
347xvsy.jpg

zzyzx

Steve
Orange said:

Sent you a PM...

TMO Supporting Vendors