The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I do hope you'll stay plugged in here. The experience is invaluable, but I can definitely relate...
Thank you.
There have been times I wanted to quit this place too....but as of today things seem alright. Stay tuned.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Los Angeles
Here ya go, straight from the GCR:

View attachment 66676
So for ITE you can have non-stock suspension pick-up points and lexan windshield? I thought those were specifically not allowed? Maybe that was the old rules...

I know a guy who runs his old American Iron car in GT2 because of those two things, he would be much more competitive in ITE. I would actually run my American Iron car in ITE too, especially since NASA doesn't go to Laguna Seca anymore.

-Don

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So for ITE you can have non-stock suspension pick-up points and lexan windshield? I thought those were specifically not allowed? Maybe that was the old rules...

I know a guy who runs his old American Iron car in GT2 because of those two things, he would be much more competitive in ITE. I would actually run my American Iron car in ITE too, especially since NASA doesn't go to Laguna Seca anymore.

-Don
I think I posted the rules earlier in this thread....those are the only rules.
Basically start with a stock tub, DOT tires and safety stuff. Thats it.
Darrel Anderson has the record in a carbon fiber bodied SLA equipped Big inch built LS powered monster from days gone by. I saw the car up close, there is not much actual mustang there.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

-Don

Straight from the GCR:
ITE rules.JPG

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
World is full of Morons and sphincters. Best ignore that they exist so you dont get yourself in bind, its the joy of racing that matters, Let us know how your racing is going and hope your Tremec behaves.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I always thought ITE was a run what you brung class, which you showed. I don't understand why people would complain with that type rule set; mind boggling
As I often say:

"A lifetime of racing and business has taught me this:
There will always be those who find fault in your success.
f*** them".

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
192452903_493513998663474_5078794532906459559_n.jpg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I would actually run my American Iron car in ITE too, especially since NASA doesn't go to Laguna Seca anymore.

-Don
This is one of the main reasons I went with SCCA over NASA.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I'm interested in how thos goes after our discussion the other day, good luck with it.
The Blacksheep-1 sticker alone is worth 50# of downforce...

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
My neighbors when I start up the race car.

71523A53-7B2D-4DEE-A03F-00DE03E68BE3.jpeg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
37 cars in our group, 17 cars in class.
Roger Eagleton in Kevin’s championship car.
My brakes locking up and transmission popping out of gear.
This is going to be interesting.
Should at least make good video.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
you'll just have to make up for it with superior driving ability
Haha I’ll do my best.
Roger is an extremely accomplished road racer and someone I have a ton of respect for. On the other hand, I don’t like to lose and I don’t care who you are you better be on your game or I’m taking it from you. I just hope we’re all still friends come Monday. If nothing else, I’ll follow and learn something from him.
Stay tuned.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Okay, I filled the trans with Amsoil ATF. That's what I ran in my other Tremec and it shifted flawlesly.
Lets hope something magic happens.

TMO Supporting Vendors