The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
My wife says I can’t retire until I sell or stop tracking my car 😡 Or I can sell car and buy this…View attachment 88036

You can have mine....I can't drive this thing worth a damn anyway.
There's no seat of the pants feel to it and I can't relate....at all.

243162608_237762098319248_2328546326116228604_n.jpg243189072_237758744986250_3517328707516507869_n.jpg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Lol.... could you get a hot brake and tire machine to get the track smells? Ethanol you can just spray around... Assuming you don't smoke!
I only smoke tires.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
For the record, I love that you are the king of the American Iron world. Although, even AIX has power/weight limits, so the "Extreme" part is limited. When you decide it's time to step aside and give someone else a shot at the title, are you looking forward to the "no holds barred" world of nothing other than chasing lap times? No rules, whining competitors, officials, etc. Please tell me this is a "Yes" and you're not going to sell it all and go fishing.

At least make a winter trip to Chile and go show those pesky Porsches Mad Hatter is dealing with a thing or two. I can hear those wonderful announcers shouting "Sal Molinare!!!" between Spanish words I don't understand.
I appreciate the kudos, I really do. Thank you.
I've never really been a "lap time" guy....I've always been fast, and usually the fastest in class in whatever automotive discipline I've competed in but definitely not always the fastest guy.
Where I shine is in battle....excuse me if I've already told this story but I'm old and I forget.
When I went to Nationals I met one of the competitors and he told me:
"I asked around about you and 6 different people told me the same thing: "Sal is very good at beating guys with more horsepower than he has."

Its like Richard Petty once said:
"I've won a lot of races with a 3rd place car and I've lost some with a first place car".

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Sal,
I noted you mentioned you can't even fish and I bet you can't golf either? Those issues have elevated my respect for you since...........
...............I can't do either one of those things either, ha!!

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sal,
I noted you mention you can't even fish and I bet you can't golf either? Those things elevated my respect for you since...........
...............I can't do either one of those things either, ha!!
I eat fish and play miniature golf.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Same here... I find myself saying I should take up golf one day, or fishing, but then I realize I don't even have the time or money to put towards to hobbies I already have.
I feel ya.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
That simulator cost $30,000 and you feel every movement. It’s just like an aircraft simulator.
Best part I can put new tires on every session fo free lol
My old high school machine shop teacher had a name for stuff like this.
He called it "Mechanical Masturbation"....if feels good but somehow it's just not quite the real thing.

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Really only eat raw fish, seldom touch the cooked critters!! Have to agree 1000% on the mechanical masturbation comment. Its just not the same, tried it, but gave up in disgust. People drive like idiots in sims, having no consequences makes most drivers into Kamikaze twits. The whole seat of your pants thing is left out of the equation and if a super Sim cost 30.000, would much rather race a Kart.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
That simulator cost $30,000 and you feel every movement. It’s just like an aircraft simulator.
Best part I can put new tires on every session fo free lol
How do they simulate G forces...? A little bump here and there can never do that.
Sal , How do you stay so young????????????.........It must be the company you keep and that car you drive.....where's that winking emoji????????????
;)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel