The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Finally finished. Rebuilt the caplipers, installed fresh pads and rotors and upgraded the rear brakes to 4 piston Brembos that match the fronts. Let’s see how this works….
IMG_8183.jpegIMG_8182.jpeg

Some minor livery updates:

IMG_8186.jpegIMG_8187.jpeg

IMG_8185.jpeg

First start up of the season:

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sal, do you think you're going to need to run a different compound pad in the rear with the brake upgrade? I don't know if you have a brake bias (F/R) dial in the car since the ABS is gone.

What do real racers do in this situation? Clue us street car guys in.
I have a race pad that came with the calipers that is supposed to be similar to the RSL-29 Pagids that I ran with the stock calipers.
I do have a proportioning valve so I can fine tune. We'll see what this does then adjust the pad compounds if necessary.
I have 2 sets of these pads so it would be great if they worked out but, still to be determined.

What do real racers do?

H415c6c75c82641c6bb7a69faf990ecbaY.jpg
This, but my car is already built and crawling over the door bars to fab something like this on the floor is not high on my list....plus I keep thinking "This is my last season" so big projects are not something I want to do not to mention the added cost. BUT, I will if I have to....I just don't WANT to.

I'd also like to twin turbo this thing but again...time and money.
Probably not going to happen.

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
For the record, I love that you are the king of the American Iron world. Although, even AIX has power/weight limits, so the "Extreme" part is limited. When you decide it's time to step aside and give someone else a shot at the title, are you looking forward to the "no holds barred" world of nothing other than chasing lap times? No rules, whining competitors, officials, etc. Please tell me this is a "Yes" and you're not going to sell it all and go fishing.

At least make a winter trip to Chile and go show those pesky Porsches Mad Hatter is dealing with a thing or two. I can hear those wonderful announcers shouting "Sal Molinare!!!" between Spanish words I don't understand.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
For the record, I love that you are the king of the American Iron world. Although, even AIX has power/weight limits, so the "Extreme" part is limited. When you decide it's time to step aside and give someone else a shot at the title, are you looking forward to the "no holds barred" world of nothing other than chasing lap times? No rules, whining competitors, officials, etc. Please tell me this is a "Yes" and you're not going to sell it all and go fishing.

At least make a winter trip to Chile and go show those pesky Porsches Mad Hatter is dealing with a thing or two. I can hear those wonderful announcers shouting "Sal Molinare!!!" between Spanish words I don't understand.
I don’t even know how to fish.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Honestly, I don’t know what I’m going to do. I’m stuck between “you only live once” and ”I better start saving for retirement’.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I can hear them shouting Sal Molinarrrrrre..... Sal is Salt, so that would be fitting. Of course, the fact that the evil greens have shut down our one pro track might sour the trip.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I can hear them shouting Sal Molinarrrrrre..... Sal is Salt, so that would be fitting. Of course, the fact that the evil greens have shut down our one pro track might sour
The biblical definition of Sal is "Savior" or "Salt of the earth".....

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Well look on the bright side... (sort of).... we are living longer now and our kids are not pumping out babies like we used too... So, you will have people bothering you for welding jobs when your 80!!!
splendid.:rolleyes:

TMO Supporting Vendors