The Mustang Forum for Track Enthusiasts

Track Mustangs Online was built specifically for those who track their Mustangs!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

Fabman

Epic Contributor
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
W2W Racing
20+ Years
So AirFlow Research found a bad intake manifold? Did I see that right?
apparently a lot of them are bad. I've seen a lot pf pics of them and all looked terrible. So I looked at mine and those are the pics, so I sent it for a clean up and it came out stellar.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
!00% agree... the CJ intakes are hideous inside when they come out of the box... I think the should be sold with PORTING AND TUNE required.

thats probably why you see some pretty mixed results on the dynos..

Fabman

Epic Contributor
W2W Racing
20+ Years
!00% agree... the CJ intakes are hideous inside when they come out of the box... I think the should be sold with PORTING AND TUNE required.

thats probably why you see some pretty mixed results on the dynos..
I was surprised how bad they were in pictures but thought it was just an odd occurrence, but then I looked at mine and it was just as bad.

Fabman

Epic Contributor
W2W Racing
20+ Years
Headers finally arrived. Took forever for the Ceramic coating guy to get these back to me but now the motor is ready for install. A special thank you to Shaun Perry of AED for doing this for me. I can't wait to fire it up. Also thank you Filip Trojanek for the longblock and Kevin Patten @Albino500 for his never ending help putting this together.

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors