The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
I never understood this rule anyway. These are mostly race cars at a race track. Seems to me most of the tracks are somewhat disconnected from civilization and I would think all of the tracks were present before any civilization came close. So if the noise bothers you, you might not want to buy a house there. Maybe there is some other reason for the rule that I am not aware of.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I never understood this rule anyway. These are mostly race cars at a race track. Seems to me most of the tracks are somewhat disconnected from civilization and I would think all of the tracks were present before any civilization came close. So if the noise bothers you, you might not want to buy a house there. Maybe there is some other reason for the rule that I am not aware of.
Stoppitt, you're making sense again.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Way to go!!!! Excited to see some videos later on this year! Been reading and following your journey for awhile and can’t wait to see it on track!
Me too. ;)

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Truly Epic movie... Love the scene with Gene Hackman as the blind priest!
I saw a Mel brooks interview where he said that gene Hackman ad libbed all of that on the spot. None of it was in the script.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Yup so that a while back.. and was suprized
Paul Newman was another actor who caught the racing bug............................as did Tom Cruise while he was filming "Days Of Thunder".......

Paul Newman was my inspiration to buy the Boss once I got by the big 50 year date. Tom Cruise... well maybe he will inspire something... some where......

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
I see your Paul Newman and raise you a James Garner. ;) Garner got into racing after taking a drivers' school for Grand Prix; Newman got into racing after his driver's school for Winning. IIRC, Garner became a team owner when the studio wouldn't let him drive while filming. There's a documentary floating around of Garner's team that I saw part of many years ago. Need to use the Googlies to see if it's on the interwebs now.

Nice fire-up vid. 🍾 Sounds like a nitro "cackle fest" at idle, but smooths out with revs. 👍

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I see your Paul Newman and raise you a James Garner. ;) Garner got into racing after taking a drivers' school for Grand Prix; Newman got into racing after his driver's school for Winning. IIRC, Garner became a team owner when the studio wouldn't let him drive while filming. There's a documentary floating around of Garner's team that I saw part of many years ago. Need to use the Googlies to see if it's on the interwebs now.

Nice fire-up vid. 🍾 Sounds like a nitro "cackle fest" at idle, but smooths out with revs. 👍
Yeah, it's not supposed to be that cammy sounding but it sure sounds good.
We'll see what it sounds like after tuning.
Its a used motor, should have stock cams and I put L&M intake only cams in and they are very small so either its a tuning issue or somebody put big cams in that motor before I got it. Its probably just tuning.

TMO Supporting Vendors