The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fixed bucket in a Boss? Anyone done it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you defeat the occupancy sensor (assuming there is one), and anything that may be airbag related?
I'd ideally want to retain all airbag functionality in the steering wheel, but still run a fixed bucket. I was hoping that someone here has already gone down that route and can provide some tips :D

Also, is there a seat that works well with the stock seatbelt receptacle? ie) ideally, the receptacle extends above the side bolsters far enough to be able to secure the driver appropriately in the seat, or alternatively, the receptacle can be put through one of the holes on the side bolster. I just don't know how flexible it is.

TMO Supporting Vendors