The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

for those interested in the new dba T3 rotors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just ordered a set of the Series 4000 T3 front and rear rotors from stangmods.com They have two more sets in stock and they had a nice price on them.

Welcome Steve
Are these rotors available in Australia ????
I live in QLD and have a 2013 Boss 302 Laguna.
regards Russell

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I think my front stock rotors were 31 lbs. Can't swear to it though. Its in the thread where I spoke about the Coleman's... ...

5 DOT 0 said:
My T3 rotors arrived today and just for Gary I weighed them. ;)

Front: 24.9 lbs
Rear: 13.4 lbs

Does anyone know what the stock rotors weigh?
Stock are 25 & 13 so basically the same. Will be interested in how they work. What pads are you using?

I bought the 4000 one piece rotors. I was hoping they might be at least a pound lighter but no such luck. I haven't purchased the pads yet but I'm leaning towards the Pagid's with the PFC's being a close second. If the Pagid's don't squeal like a pig I may run them on the street. My next track day is mid Oct. so I have time to change my mind a few more times on this. ::)

PeteInCT

Connecticut
I've run rs-29 and rs-14. The 14s chirp occasionally but very little and very infrequently. Rs29s even less. With both once u bed them in they are quiet

PeteInCT

Connecticut
The bedding procedure outlined for Pagid is more involved than most but it is not, for the most part, critical to pad performance. Many times I don't have time for bedding in (especially if I'm swapping pads at the track) and just install them and go run some track sessions.

If you are running Pagids "Yellows" (RS-19 or RS-29) which is their road race endurance pad, it's a little more critical than say their more aggressive pads (i.e. RS-14 "Black"). If the pads are not bedded in fully they have a tendency to leave a thin film of pad material on the rotors for a short period of time. When it exists, it could create vibrations in the pedal under very high speed braking (not street driving) that feel like a slightly warped rotor. All in all the pad performance is not adversely impacted and the film does wear off, usually within one or two track sessions. If and when I feel this I know what it is and just ignore it. To me it's a small price to pay given their stopping power, longevity, ability to effectively work well even when worn very thin, and reduction in rotor wear.

I’m going to run the 29’s per your suggestion. I have a back road close to my house where I can hit 80 maybe 90 but 110 will be pushing it. From my reading on this it’s important to bed those pads immediately after installing them which I will do. Then I’m going to drive 100 miles to the track. It sounds like the most important thing is to get heat in them before glazing them over from street driving.

cool
i got all four of mine on her this weekend also. got the brake ducting installed also and gave her a test run. danged if i didnt get a lil bit of air when i came across a small dip in the i was not used to.

i can say that she seems to brake better at this point and also since we are having our first real cool weather of the year (55 or so) she is really liking this weather.

Looks good will be interested in your report on the rotors. I'm not sure what I'm going to do next year. I'm torn between getting new DBAs and just running stock blanks.

cloud9 said:
Looks good will be interested in your report on the rotors. I'm not sure what I'm going to do next year. I'm torn between getting new DBAs and just running stock blanks.
If I was going through them as fast as you do I might get the blanks. I wanted a little bling since these should last me a couple of years with 6-8 track days a year.

TMO Supporting Vendors