The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Boss 302 Springs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin said:

I completely forgot again and woke up at like 2 in the morning last night and Pm'd him lol. Here is his response to me.

Sean, thanks for the recommendation!

Our springs are dual rate springs, with a linear working rate.

Front: 120 / 165
Rear: 120 / 160

I have a lot of Boss 302 owners running our springs, and they really like them.

Here is a great article/write-up one of our customers did on them:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2012-2013-boss-302-mustang-373/823688-how-lowering-springs-my-2012-boss.html

Thanks!

Kelly

Also here is the website with a bit more information:

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=179

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Sean said:
I completely forgot again and woke up at like 2 in the morning last night and Pm'd him lol. Here is his response to me.

Sean, thanks for the recommendation!

Our springs are dual rate springs, with a linear working rate.

Front: 120 / 165
Rear: 120 / 160

I have a lot of Boss 302 owners running our springs, and they really like them.

Here is a great article/write-up one of our customers did on them:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2012-2013-boss-302-mustang-373/823688-how-lowering-springs-my-2012-boss.html

Thanks!

Kelly

Also here is the website with a bit more information:

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=179
120? wow that seems really low. I think I am just going to say screw it and give them a shot. if they dont work then I am sure someone will buy them from me. with that said can I go with the GT500 strut mounts with these springs and the stock boss shocks? I know how the stock ones like to come apart.

Justin said:
120? wow that seems really low. I think I am just going to say screw it and give them a shot. if they dont work then I am sure someone will buy them from me. with that said can I go with the GT500 strut mounts with these springs and the stock boss shocks? I know how the stock ones like to come apart.
If you want to try a good daily driver spring, go w/ Hotchkis. The BMR are too soft.

Bumping this thread to remind people to post up when their T springs arrive and they get them installed. They should be available now.

According to UPS, my springs will arrive this Friday the 24th. I have a new STEEDA adjustable Panhard Bar and STEEDA Panhard Bar brace sitting here already, they arrived on Monday.
Steve

Ahead of schedule.

null_zpsef816d83.jpg

null_zps2b03ca1a.jpg

null_zps9c9533df.jpg

I would like to see what people are mating these with. The FRPP suggested that they were designed to be stand alones without other mods. I'm probably going with LCA, relo brackets, and panhard with the stock Tokicos. Any opinions

FRPP vs. Whiteline vs Steeda (etc) for the LCA, relo brackets, panhard? How about going with Konis or adjustable Bilsteins for the stock shocks?

isrboss

further said:
Ahead of schedule.

I would like to see what people are mating these with. The FRPP suggested that they were designed to be stand alones without other mods. I'm probably going with LCA, relo brackets, and panhard with the stock Tokicos. Any opinions

FRPP vs. Whiteline vs Steeda (etc) for the LCA, relo brackets, panhard? How about going with Konis or adjustable Bilsteins for the stock shocks?

I'm thinking this leans more toward sway bars, dampers and staggered tires. This probably goes out the window when you go to a square setup, or install aftermarket sways. FRPP is relaying that the handling balance is tuned to work with the factory Boss suspension.

further said:
Ahead of schedule.

Niiice.

I would ditch the stock Tokico's if you can afford to do it sooner rather than later. Having gone through the whole Tokico/Koni/Bilstein setups and tracking all 3 of them religiously, I have to say that Bilstein is heads and shoulders above the other two. Koni is definitely superior to Tokico, and isolating rebound adjustments (if you absolutely need them) is a good thing. Going to Bilstein was an eye opener though. Not to mention that you'll be getting more bump travel to boot.

With the soft lowering springs and aggressive track use, you'll undoubtedly be on the front bump stops in some corners. The increased travel will be a welcome addition, as the sudden onset of understeer will be much delayed. Not only that, but the Bilstein's handle small bumps and cracks in the road much better than the twin tube designs. The chassis gets upset less...well worth it IMO. Do it, and don't look back :)

Plus if you really wanted, you could modify the Bilsteins to be custom valved on the cheap. So you can retain the Bilstein setup if you ever go the coilover sleeve route with more aggressive rates.

fun4me said:
Which Bilstein's?

Bilstein sports (the yellow ones).
Honestly, I wish they made their PSS series of coilovers for the Mustang. That is an excellent kit in all cars I've tried it on (driven 3 different applications of the product, but owned PSS9's on an M3).

further...congrats. very interested in the route you go and the review.

i think these are on my summer mod list!

boro92 said:
Bilstein sports (the yellow ones).
Honestly, I wish they made their PSS series of coilovers for the Mustang. That is an excellent kit in all cars I've tried it on (driven 3 different applications of the product, but owned PSS9's on an M3).

Thanks for the info. I'm very tempted to go with some nice shocks. The truth is that I'm not quite sure what I want or where I'll be with mods. Anyway, the stock suspension with only camber plates is a beast on the track. The Tokicos have to be decent, although nowhere near an aftermarket option. The only necessity I see are the relo brackets and a panhard bar. I'm going with the Whiteline products, get them installed with the T springs and see how things go. I've already got the Vorshlag camb plates.

Incidentally, if I had no susp mods at all, and was going the DIY route, Vorshlag has a sweet deal where you pick the shocks/springs and they put it together with the camber plates before they send it to you, obviating the need for the spring compressed device. Pretty sweet.

Got any videos of you in action?
I'd like to see how the car is with just camber plates.
I'll find out soon enough however, as I'll be hitting the track in 1 week :D :D :D

Just got my lowering springs from ford and the part #'s on the springs are a different than the part# on the box, is this normal?. The front spring # is m-5300-KR and the rears are a CM-5300-TF is this correct

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
usually the box part number denotes a "kit" part number actual parts in the kit are different at least that is my experience with ford racing parts

86blkgt said:
Just got my lowering springs from ford and the part #'s on the springs are a different than the part# on the box, is this normal?. The front spring # is m-5300-KR and the rears are a CM-5300-TF is this correct

Are you sure you have that correct? I'd expect the "T" springs to have "TF" in the front and "TR" in the rear.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Fat Boss said:
Are you sure you have that correct? I'd expect the "T" springs to have "TF" in the front and "TR" in the rear.

Funny. I wouldn't be surprised if the rear *is* a K spring with a new front T spring. I kidded before about the kit being a P front and a K rear...

I ordered and received mine as well. They appear to be K springs in the rear (same part number). Fronts are in fact unique.

Rear:

EYii7z1l.jpg

Front:

jSgxW67l.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel