The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Boss 302 Springs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
PeteInCT said:
if you lower it to springs have to be someone stiffer or else the car will bottom out too much. I don't believe the P Springs oh really all out race spring rate sorings.
anyone have spring rates for the p/k/t/stock? the 55D springs (brembo.com rear only lowering springs) lower it just enough to level the car out and retain the same spring rate as the brembo stock springs. which is softer then the boss so I would think they could do level type drop for the rear and keep the stock boss spring rate

Justin said:
anyone have spring rates for the p/k/t/stock? the 55D springs (brembo.com rear only lowering springs) lower it just enough to level the car out and retain the same spring rate as the brembo stock springs. which is softer then the boss so I would think they could do level type drop for the rear and keep the stock boss spring rate

Justin, I don't have all the rates you requested but I do have a few.

Brembo Stock: Ft 131 Rr167
Boss Stock: Ft 148 Rr 185 lbs/in
Boss LS Stock: Ft 137 Rr 191 lbs/in
M- 5300-K rate: Ft 173-248 lbs/in – Rears 195-236 lbs/in
Steeda Competition: Ft 225 Rr 185 lbs/in
Steeda Sports: Ft 200 Rr 175 lbs/in
Steeda Boss Springs Ft 225 Rr 195 lbs/in
Steeda Ultra-lite (pn 555-8206) 1.25/1.5 front: 195lb/in / rear: 175lb/in

Nice. I'll add a couple.

Mustang GT (2011+) Stock: Ft 122 lbs/in Rr 154 lbs/in *
Brembo Stock: Ft 131 Rr167 lbs/in
Boss Stock: Ft 148 Rr 185 lbs/in
Boss LS Stock: Ft 137 Rr 191 lbs/in
Eiback Pro-Kit: Ft 159 Rr 193 lbs/in *
M- 5300-K rate: Ft 173-248 lbs/in – Rears 195-236 lbs/in
Steeda Competition: Ft 225 Rr 185 lbs/in
Steeda Sports: Ft 200 Rr 175 lbs/in
Steeda Boss Springs Ft 225 Rr 195 lbs/in
Steeda Ultra-lite (pn 555-8206) 1.25/1.5 front: 195lb/in / rear: 175lb/in

* Sourced from Maximum Motorsports website.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Ford Racing Springs

Has anyone installed these? If so what's your opinion of them?

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/FORD_RACING_2012_2013_BOSS_302_LOWERING_SPRINGS_p/m-5300-t.htm

F.D. Sako said:
hahaha, it's called a loop.

but those two posts were moved from another thread
I needed some humor this afternoon after a brutal day at work. ;D

NFSBOSS said:
I needed some humor this afternoon after a brutal day at work. ;D

the day is much more enjoyable if you just shoot the people that annoy you. Makes it pass much quicker and theres always a few laughs as they scramble for the exits. ;)

Justin said:
I am looking for a drop that keeps it handling exactly the way it is now just lower. I dont want it stiffer at all hopefully these are those springs

Check out BMR. Their springs lower the car as well as provide a close to factory ride.

Ill take some more pics today, honestly i cant tell the ride difference. I put 50 miles on it yesterday and its been driving like normal. These springs dropped it an inch and a quarter all the way around. Still will settle some I'm guessing but doubt it will get to inch and a half. I absolutely love the look, the 4x4 look Ford had was kinda silly

Boss 738 said:
Ill take some more pics today, honestly i cant tell the ride difference. I put 50 miles on it yesterday and its been driving like normal. These springs dropped it an inch and a quarter all the way around. Still will settle some I'm guessing but doubt it will get to inch and a half. I absolutely love the look, the 4x4 look Ford had was kinda silly

And for those thinking about it, install is very easy and a spring compressor is not necessary

Justin said:
whats their spring rates?

The BMR springs are 160 rear(linear iirc) and probably 160+(progressive) front. I like Hotchkis, they're 180. Probably to soft for any type of serious racing, but my gt is 99% steetcar.

TMO Supporting Vendors