The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Relases 15" GT500 Brake Upgrade Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyboygsxr said:
Does anyone know which 18" wheels will fit with the 15" brakes up front? I have the Enkei PF01's and they clear the stock Brembo's with ease. If anyone knows which wheels clear please share. Thanks
The BBS wheels sold by Ford Racing are supposed to fit. I'd call Ford Racing and confirm before ordering.

Since I have yet too take the Track Wheel plunge I am hoping that someone here can sort out the right wheel to go with this set up. Nice to have a wheel that will work, should I add this set up. The SVE wheel thread had me going one way till this became available. Then I noticed the Blowfish link to their 18x10 wheels for $1,200 ish. Twice as much as SVE, Half as much as BBS, but they call out this wheel will clear the 6pot 13 Shelby calipers and no spacer. If the SVE will clear with a spacer, that might still be the way to go. Style wise I prefer the F14's.

On a side note: Noticed how very heavy the Boss wheel tires combos were as compared to our C5 Z06 OEM wheels with slicks were. Totally forget about the difference. I can say for sure that the change from a Nitto NT055 to a slick was a huge weight difference, somewhere around 12lbs per , with the same wheel. When I first put them on ( Goodyear Radial Slicks, scrubs) you could notice a complete change in the braking zone and acceleration. The tires were about 1/2 in wider and stickier, but not night and day stickier. But I would come up 10-15 yards shorter in the braking zone and was 2-5 mph faster in mph from corner to corner at BW. Did nothing else but change to a very light slick.

Anyone have a tire weight on the Continental Scrubs I see folks mounting?

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
SVE Drift, Enkei PF01 and AMR 18" wheels do not fit. FRPP BBS wheels are supposed to fit but I tried to mount a friends at VIR and had trouble and gave up. I am not sure though because we were rushing as his session was coming up. I would like someone to confirm. Steve Pufferfish says he thinks the Team Dynamics wheels work but is trying to get a '13 Shelby to test fit.

19" Boss and Shelby wheels all fit.
Steve

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
I was not able to find a 13 owner to try it out at Carlisle. I was looking at one that I couldn't find the owner of. It looks like the trouble spot might be the "nubs" on the pads. What are they there for?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel