The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GoPro Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
NC
I mount my GoPro on the windshield so you can't see what I'm doing. I bought another mount to put on passenger side of windshield to aim at driver to hopefully see me steering and shifting gears. The other option is to mount it to helmet to see dash, steering, and hopefully me shifting. What does TMO say?

Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I had mine once on the outside quarter window at Miller Motorsports Park and the noise was horrible. Been inside since, either mounted on the roll bar or the dash.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
The roll bar mount gives you a good look at the driver's mechanics but of course you need to have one. Not a big fan of a helmet mount as you should be looking ahead and not down.

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
Helmet mounting will give you your hand positioning and shifter use . . . though I will note that I've extended the length of my car's MGW shift lever to alleviate notchiness.

Including footwork would at least require more vertical image height, with far more fish-eyeing around the edges of the picture, which I found hard to even look at.

Upshift lights  lit.jpg

Norm

Bugs

Jim. Avocation: Avoiding Blunt-Force Trauma.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Eagle ID
I use an Axiom RacerMount that attaches to the passenger seat headrest. Works well using a GoPro_7 with image stabilization. Here's a screenshot taken at The Ridge Motorsports Park. The camera was positioned a little sideways, but I'd installed it in a rush.
130 MPH At The Ridge in the Damp.png
I purchased it from Amazon, but it seems to be currently unavailable. There are similar headrest mount alternatives.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
NC
I use an Axiom RacerMount that attaches to the passenger seat headrest. Works well using a GoPro_7 with image stabilization. Here's a screenshot taken at The Ridge Motorsports Park. The camera was positioned a little sideways, but I'd installed it in a rush.
View attachment 68023
I purchased it from Amazon, but it seems to be currently unavailable. There are similar headrest mount alternatives.
I need something that will work with Recaro seats. Otherwise I’d be set

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
something that will work with Recaro seats
Maybe something in this group would work? Feed it through the "shoulder harness hole" and clamp it down? Boss is the the barn and don''t feel like trudging out to look at it right now.

TMO Supporting Vendors