The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Grand-Am GS Round #4 at VIR May 13-14

This weekend is round #4 for the 2011 Grand Am series which brings them to VIR, one of the premiere stopsfor Grand Am. Mustangs will be out in full force with 6 Mustang's registered including at least 3 Boss 302R's. VIR has historically been a good track for Mustangs so hopefully history repeats itself

Additional information including real time scoring can be found at the following link:

http://www.grand-am.com/schedule/event.cfm?series=k&eid=2374
 
Good luck this weekend. The race will be on televised on 5/22, 1:00 PM ET, SPEED, set your DVR's.
 

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Moderator
8,522
2,329
Arizona, USA
5 DOT 0 said:
What a great looking road course. We don't see much green at tracks here in CA.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skpvUztA2zU&feature=uploademail[/youtube]

All the grass is pretty, but it can be very perilous if you are forced off-track at speed. I guarantee you'll be able to see what I mean during the race.
 
VIR is one of my favorite tracks to drive on because it does have so much run off! You can really push the car to the limit and in most places you have sufficent run-off to get the car under control if you make a mistake. If the grass is wet though it's a whole different story!

A huge storm came through today and put a stop to the afternoon practice session.

For those that are interested the SVT Superfest is happen at VIR over the Memorial Day weekend. Rumor has it Ford may bring a few Bosses ;)

Hope to see you there!
 
1,255
0
GA
ArizonaGT said:
5 DOT 0 said:
What a great looking road course. We don't see much green at tracks here in CA.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skpvUztA2zU&feature=uploademail[/youtube]

All the grass is pretty, but it can be very perilous if you are forced off-track at speed. I guarantee you'll be able to see what I mean during the race.

Do a search on Youtube for crashes at VIR. You'll find some people that know what you're talking about.
 
1,255
0
GA
mwilson7 said:
VIR is one of my favorite tracks to drive on because it does have so much run off! You can really push the car to the limit and in most places you have sufficent run-off to get the car under control if you make a mistake. If the grass is wet though it's a whole different story!

A huge storm came through today and put a stop to the afternoon practice session.

For those that are interested the SVT Superfest is happen at VIR over the Memorial Day weekend. Rumor has it Ford may bring a few Bosses ;)

Hope to see you there!

Unlike Road Atlanta where you have a good chance of kissing a concrete barrier if you screw up. :eek:
 
Race results can be found at the link below:

http://www.grand-am.com/schedule/results.cfm?series=k&eid=2374&sid=1501

;D
 
They were involved in an on-track incident with the #13 BMW. The BMW hit them trying to pass them.....
 
Another must watch race. It was very close finish with some back and forth top 3 position changes in the last 5 laps.

I have to say though, Ford needs to do a better job of promoting themselves at these Grand-Am races. I been to two this year and there has been absolutely no Ford Racing or Boss promotion. Hell the T-Shirt vendors don't even have any thing with Ford on it. ??? At Barbra, Cadillac had some V cars on display and they don't even race in this series. At VIR, BMW, Mazda, Camaro, and Porsche clubs all had special car corral parking and hospitality tents. Ford / Mustang had nothing. What gives?
 
BossJockey said:
Another must watch race. It was very close finish with some back and forth top 3 position changes in the last 5 laps.

I have to say though, Ford needs to do a better job of promoting themselves at these Grand-Am races. I been to two this year and there has been absolutely no Ford Racing or Boss promotion. Hell the T-Shirt vendors don't even have any thing with Ford on it. ??? At Barbra, Cadillac had some V cars on display and they don't even race in this series. At VIR, BMW, Mazda, Camaro, and Porsche clubs all had special car corral parking and hospitality tents. Ford / Mustang had nothing. What gives?
Maybe Ford will do something at Laguna Seca.
 
Hey Mustang fans,

We just posted some in-car footage of Joe Foster qualifying at VIR... it's good stuff!

We also just launched a Facebook page, please support us by liking our page! Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Markham-ON/Multimatic-Motorsports/184556954925425

Best regards,

-Multimatic Motorsports

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcvIN5N9a8o[/youtube]
 
108
33
mwilson7 said:
They were involved in an on-track incident with the #13 BMW. The BMW hit them trying to pass them.....
Dosn't look like it to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FBlhFLKFnw&feature=player_embedded

(3:08)

5 DOT 0 said:
BossJockey said:
Another must watch race. It was very close finish with some back and forth top 3 position changes in the last 5 laps.

I have to say though, Ford needs to do a better job of promoting themselves at these Grand-Am races. I been to two this year and there has been absolutely no Ford Racing or Boss promotion. Hell the T-Shirt vendors don't even have any thing with Ford on it. ??? At Barbra, Cadillac had some V cars on display and they don't even race in this series. At VIR, BMW, Mazda, Camaro, and Porsche clubs all had special car corral parking and hospitality tents. Ford / Mustang had nothing. What gives?
Maybe Ford will do something at Laguna Seca.
At Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca?

I'm sure you could get a few rotary shirts ;)



Some pics of the weekend:
5724663109_935ee04e01_b.jpg
DSC_1210.jpg
DSC_1257.jpg
GALLERY_LARGE.jpg
GALLERY_LARGE2.jpg
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel
Top