The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 at Texas World Speedway for the final roundup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

As the title says, the GT350 will be at TWS for the final roundup. No news on whether its a static display or if they include it in the car parade too. A ford marketing manager will be speaking at the private dinner that night to talk about the GT350 and "something else"

I'm going...just going for the show and car parade though. Anyone else here live close enough? Guy on another forum is going and will be going to the dinner too so if no one here goes I'll probably cross post his info on the event.

When he signed up for the dinner the info said this:

"Guest VIP speakers will be giving presentations and talks at dinner. Jim Owens (Ford's Shelby/Boss/50th Marketing Manager) will be on hand with a new GT350 and possibly something else (?!?!?)."

da6cb76aca53ad7715dbd9842756f8c3.jpg

http://www.thefinalroundup.com

NFSBOSS said:
Get some photos or video. I look forward to reading your impressions of the GT350.

I can see it now...my review: "it's pretty and I want one" lol

Definitely will be plenty of pics. I'll probably camp in front of it for hours haha

I'll be there for three days of open track and Saturday's dinner.

In the "Final Round Up News" email received on 11 March...........

1. Ford will be bringing their semi with one Shelby GT350 for us to look at up Close. They will also be bringing a 2015 Mustang GT with the Track Pack to drive on track and give people rides.

2. Jim Owens, Shelby GT350 Marketing Manager, will be our main speaker at the VIP Dinner at the track on Saturday evening. If you have not purchased your dinner tickets then go to www.thefinalroundup.com and buy them now. We will have only a limited number for sale at the event.

3. MRT-Direct/MRT Performance has stepped up to sponsor the MRT Hot Lap Challenge. The hot lap challenge will be run during a normal session on Sunday. We will have three classes and you must have a transponder to participate. During that session(s) the fastest lap wins. We will have awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each class. Cost to you is $25.00 to participate and this is open to all Intermediate, Advanced and Instructors. (If you would like to participate in this and you have not already signed up, send me an email and I will add it to your order)(We will have a number of transponders to rent. The timing loop will be active all weekend)

4. The Mustang Trailer will be at the event. They have all kinds of cool Mustang and Ford clothing keep sakes for sale.

5. Saturday Night dinner raffle will have a record number of items to win. From set of tires from BF Goodrich, to gift certificates from Late Model Restoration, MRT etc. So do not miss the VIP dinner on Saturday evening at the track.

6. Event tee shirts can also be purchased at www.thefinalroundup.com.

roadhouse said:
REALLY wish I was going to this event! TWS is so fun.

Sad to see it go. I'm a bit angry/sad that i will never get to drive on it. Never had a car worthy of taking...that will change soon but not soon enough :-(

If anyone else is going and wants to meet up, send me a PM. I'll be there for the car show and car parade and probably just sit in front of the GT350 for 4 hours...

TMO Supporting Vendors