The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Climate Testing Video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Let's hope it gets this much testing on road courses. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=neGruaP7I7o

I'm sure the Boss was tested the same way but getting a smooth shift at 40 degrees is too much to ask, never mind -40 degrees. They call this crunchy shifting on cold start-up a normal operating condition of the car. These tests may make for interesting propaganda but it doesn't leave me with much confidence in the results or the personell conducting the tests.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
I had a Triumph in the late '60s that I had to make sure I left in first gear when I parked it. During the winter in NY I had to drive around the neighborhood for 10 minutes before it would shift. My Boss shifts great, relatively speaking. Plus I moved to Texas 8)

I saw this video posted on s197forum. I couldn't believe how much snow collected in the engine bay. I live in north Alabama, so I will never have to worry about that! Lol cool video though.

It looks like there might be a removable panel behind the front grille to block airflow. Look at 1:21 in the video. If you can remove the back side of the grille and open up airflow that would be great.

TMO Supporting Vendors