The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Mods - Let The Fun Begin!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud9 said:
Yes those too Nick :-[
Mike's jacking plates
14mm ARP studs
Tow Hooks
Adj fire extinguisher mount from my Boss (hopefully)
It just felt good to cross one off the list. C'mon the rest of you guys.......get your cars! I feel like the kid standing all by himself on the baseball field waiting for everyone else to come out and play :'(

If you can do something about getting my 350 produced a bit faster I'm all ears!

My list is a bit more extensive than yours but not by much. You should have had clear bra and window tint on your list so you could have crossed them off. ;) Have you mounted your fire extinguisher mount yet?

cloud9 said:
+1 I'm not touching the drivetrain on this one. Think about it. Ford spent countless engineering hours looking for as little as a half pound to take out of the car. They didn't use a 45-50 lb two piece driveshaft for example to save a few hundred bucks on using the CF shaft like the GT500. My guess is the entire drivetrain is a "system" engineered to mitigate the associated vibrations.

My list:

CC plates
Front springs (not sure I'll be the guinea on this one with winter coming)
Wheels (lightweight aluminum TBD)
Roll Bar
Race Seat
6 point harnesses
Window tint
Clear bra on front of fenders and leading edge of hood
Mike's jacking plates
14mm ARP studs
Tow Hooks
Ford Performance Oil Separators

That's it. ::)

Updated my list. Thanks I feel like I just accomplished something :)

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
Black Boss said:
Roll bar from Watson.
Momo race seat
Sparco Aluminum side mounts.
Corbeau seat mount
Schroth 6 point Harness
CoolTech Harness Clips
MM Camber Plates
Wheels TBD
Jacking Plates

When available:
14mm ARP studs
Tow Hook(s)
Fire Extinguisher mount.
Ford Performance Oil Separator(s)
Ti Brake Shims

Updated my list too, but unlike Gary's it's getting longer ???

Ford Performance will be selling a hood strut kit. Very clean OEM look with the Ford Performance logo on them. They were on their car at SEMA. Should be out by year end....

Talked to Patrick at Watson Racing and ordered:

Planted Seat Bracket
Sparco Seat w/Halo
Sparco Aluminum Side Mounts
Sparco Slider
Watson 4 point roll bar
Eye bolt sub-belt mounts
Schroth Profi II harnesses

Looking forward to tearing into my new car :)

cloud9 said:
Talked to Patrick at Watson Racing and ordered:

Planted Seat Bracket
Sparco Seat w/Halo
Sparco Aluminum Side Mounts
Sparco Slider
Watson 4 point roll bar
Eye bolt sub-belt mounts
Schroth Profi II harnesses

Looking forward to tearing into my new car :)
which Sparco seat did you get?

I sent APR an email inquiring if they are going to make the 14mm wheels studs for the 350's. On another note when I spoke with the Ford engineers about this they stated that while testing the cars and "hundreds of wheel changes" they did not have a single failure. The wheel studs on the R are supposed to be longer but by how much I don't know. So I wonder if they are longer if the R front studs might be long enough to use with a 1" spacer that will be needed running HRE FF15 19x11 wheels up front?

Updated my list:

Maximum Motorsports CC plates (Ordered)
Front springs (not sure I'll be the guinea on this one with winter coming)
Wheels (Working with Need4Speed Motorsports on R spec aluminum)
Planted Seat Bracket (Ordered)
Sparco Seat w/Halo (Ordered)
Sparco Aluminum Side Mounts (Ordered)
Sparco Slider (Ordered)
Watson 4 point roll bar (Ordered)
Eye bolt sub-belt mounts (Arrived)
Schroth Profi II harnesses (Ordered)
Schroth Racing Competition B23A Dog Bone End Fitting Kit (Arrived)
Window tint
Clear bra on front of fenders and leading edge of hood
Mike's jacking plates
14mm ARP studs
Tow Hooks
Ford Performance Oil Separators

Talking about putting the cart before the horse in my case. Was told (4) different production/delivery dates....week of Oct 26th, then no later than 9 Nov, then Dec 7 -13th and now Feb 8th - 14th!! What in the hell is going on at the production plant!?!? I have seen a few 350Rs delivered to date and its like torture. Oh well. Now onto the list like the rest of the uber cool kid club:

-Ford Hood Struts (OEF kinda look)
-MGW Shifter (when they come out)
-Carbotech pads front and rear (when they come out)
-Harness Bar and 5pt harness
-Clear bra
-JLT CAI (fitting in Feb)

Anyone have a lead on a clear bra?

As for the shifter, just my initial thoughts. I have one in my Boss and it's great. Having not even received that car I can't really say that I'll actual buy one yet. Hopefully it won't be required.

WinterSucks said:
Already with the MGW shifter? Trust me, the OEM unit felt GREAT. Like a toggle switch.

Maybe like a Chinese made toggle switch.

Imageq00001.jpg

_TR3160%20on%20stand.jpg

The factory GT350 shifter leaves a bit to be desired. George will take care of that.

Goodies arrived from Watson today 8) Seat, slider, base and side mounts not pictured. Waiting for the install instructions from Patrick on the roll bar. Anxious to start tearing apart my interior :)

20151207_175255_zpsdpilnc5u.jpg

VooDooBOSS said:
Nice Black Sabbath poster. 8)

I like how the new bar attaches to the gussets. I'm thinking that's going to cut the install time in half. ;D Let @06mach1 and I know when you get ready to tear it apart so we can check the sub belt mount fitment.
Will do. I plan to start as soon as I get the instructions. He said they had them for the S550 but were waiting for Nick's car to do the writeup for the GT350. The only difference was the instructions re the rear seat delete kit, but that wouldn't apply to my car....

TMO Supporting Vendors