The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 North American Track Tour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastfordnut said:
Keep me posted if you get a response. The spot is yours if they OK the transfer.
Norm
Here is the response I got:
Hi Jason,

Unfortunately, we are not able to transfer an invite. All the sessions for owners have been closed due to limited capacity.

Thank you!
Carrie

Hopefully I can get in next year. Thanks for the offer though!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

ufnavy06 said:
Who's running the event at Daytona? And it's Halloween weekend, correct?

The North American Motorsports Association aka NASA South- East is hosting the event weekend of the 31 Oct - 1 Nov 15

"The Great Pumpkin Run" http://www.nasa-se.com/2015Oct31.php

There's Racing, Time Trials and all four levels of HPDE is was a fantastic event last year!

I haven't heard for sure for this year......but last year another organizer teamed with NASA SE and offered Friday as a test and tune/HPDE as well!

Coming off the banking last year........

Daytona7.jpg

Jza1736 said:
Here is the response I got:
Hi Jason,

Unfortunately, we are not able to transfer an invite. All the sessions for owners have been closed due to limited capacity.

Thank you!
Carrie

Hopefully I can get in next year. Thanks for the offer though!

Don't give up yet....
Try requesting a transfer of a confirmed registration.
An invite may or may not be seen as possibly being on a wait list.

Norm

Fastfordnut said:
Don't give up yet....

Norm
Ok, I'll try it

I specifically asked to be waitlisted for Mazda Raceway and was told "sorry, full." I again referenced my request to be wait listed and received no response.

Guess my reputation precedes me? :)

Fastfordnut said:
Don't give up yet....

Norm

I didn't get a response when I asked to be added to a wait list either. Probably annoyed that we even asked lol

Bay Area
Jza1736 said:
I didn't get a response when I asked to be added to a wait list either. Probably annoyed that we even asked lol

r

I spoke to two guys at Ford Performance and got nowhere. I emailed Ford and they sent me back to Ford Performance. I don't think they communicate very effectively. I'm supposed to be on the mailing list for events and nobody has my info. So then I went to ford owner.com and checked to ensure I was still in that database and I'm there. I am at a loss now.

appears that there may be more driving time than I'd originally suspected....and, no guests allowed based on the below note I just got from Ford Performance.

Congratulations! We at Ford Performance are pleased to have you attend the exclusive 2015 GT350 North American Track Tour at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca!

REMINDER: This is not a public event and for the invitee only. We will not have any amenities or spectator seating available for guests.

"Your track date is August 28. Please arrive promptly at 8:00 AM to register.

Confirmation Email: Please bring your confirmation email with you to register.

Track Entrance: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca is located at 1021 Monterey Salinas Hwy, Salinas, CA 93908. However, please enter off of South Boundary Road and follow the signs to the Raceway - http://www.mazdaraceway.com/how-get-here.

Parking: When you arrive at the track, please follow the signs to the infield paddock.

Registration: Once parked in the paddock, please follow the signs to event registration. Each guest must check-in and sign all waivers before the ride and drives begin.

Here is the planned itinerary for your session:
8:00 AM – Registration
8:30 AM – Safety Orientation
9:00 AM – Ride and Drives and Ford GT350 Display Tours begin – Rotating Groups
12:00 PM – Track Tour Ends"

I received the same email.

I called Ford Performance and was told you are allowed to bring a guest BUT: they will not be allowed to participate in any of the events including food, beverages, rides/drives and discussion. They will be able to check out the cars if they're looking for an up close view.

I'm planning on bringing a guest, a guy I know that's looking to upgrade his 2010 Porsche GT3 RS. ;)

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I'm also that we're going to have more time than earlier anticipated. They also have to give people who have never driven the track some time to familiarize themselves...

I hope that means that some who are familiar get to go first!

Grant 302

On the high side, I think we could have a total of an hour with the car, low side could be 30 min total. Depends if each group has 1 (I hope) or 2 attendees, per car. 3 groups and driving rotations overall... So I think we'll get at least 15 minutes behind the wheel and that should be good for about 7 laps. Should be easy to double that time if they run a tight schedule. Ford has a lot of these cars rolling around with employees...if they are using most of them, they *might* be able to accommodate a lot of seat time.

What I really want...is the opportunity to have one *clean* lap. ;D Probably dreaming about that. :-[

Grant 302 said:
What I really want...is the opportunity to have one *clean* lap. ;D Probably dreaming about that. :-[
Yes, you're dreaming ;) I'm looking to crack 2:30 at RA, but highly unlikely they let me push it that hard.

fuhrius said:
has anyone asked about how the cars will be prepped, safety-wise?
I'm assuming bone stock 3 point harness with some seat bolsters and airbags. Isn't that how the media cars are set up when they do their test laps for the magazine articles?

Grant 302

cloud9 said:
Yes, you're dreaming ;) I'm looking to crack 2:30 at RA, but highly unlikely they let me push it that hard.
I'm assuming bone stock 3 point harness with some seat bolsters and airbags. Isn't that how the media cars are set up when they do their test laps for the magazine articles?

I bet they just hand you a helmet. Anyone bringing their HANS? ;)

Any more progress on figuring out how to disable the nannies? ;D Maybe do it while you're 'adjusting' your seat?

Grant 302 said:
I bet they just hand you a helmet. Anyone bringing their HANS? ;)

Any more progress on figuring out how to disable the nannies? ;D Maybe do it while you're 'adjusting' your seat?
No sense bringing your HANS unless they're caged/roll bar with 5 or 6 point harnesses.......

F.D. Sako said:
It sounded like they handed out Hans devices during the media ride alongs.
They were a neck constraint but not a Hans. The media cars from last week did not have roll bars or harnesses that I could see. They may have one with a bar and harnesses for Track Tour but it's probably for hot laps with a pro driving. They did that with the Boss 302 intro at LS in Feb 2011. It was a red with white stripes Boss that had all black wheels.

Regardless I'm bringing my helmet, gloves and Hans just in case.

TMO Supporting Vendors