The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Blacksheep Farewell Tour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

While nothing is ever written in stone,this could very well be my last year in IMSA. It's been a great 14 year run but my back is just not up to it anymore. I said the end of the current Gt4 would be the last, then it was.. get the new car kicked off right, and now we are seriously going to make a run on both the GS and VP challenge series.. so one more year.

Tire Guy Mafia is up and running, I'm trying to expand the knowledge base a bit. It's not expanding as fast as I would like, but it's not for everyone..

I can't even begin to explain the amount of pain I deal with on a daily basis

So definately this year, after that.. probably not. When I got into this last IMSA deal it was to try and win a championship, did that.. and more. So I have no regrets.

I would like to thank Chris and everyone else at TMO for their support, and stopping by the races to say hello, that means so much to me.
Hopefully, I've helped a couple of you guys go a bit quicker.
Also.. at 66, Im wanting to spend some more time around the house and with my wife ( she's a saint) Diane.

I don't want to be like the old gunfighter that keeps hanging on, I'm pretty much just over the peak, so it's time to call it a day.....
Maybe

1000003840.jpg1000003843.jpg1000003767.jpg

It is a pretty serious resume'

30617475331606.jpeg

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
There is a time where the olde back pain is making things more difficult and the fun is gone. Take your " Farewell Tour " and then wander around the US a bit next year with your redone trailer and car. Make sure you post where you are heading and I bet you will be able to acquire your entire yearlong " Beer " allotment by helping TMO members at the track. You can simply advise , not hurting your back and you might even get some help from those sympathetic about your plight. TMS is very helpful to us olde Farts, ha!

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Also.. at 66, Im wanting to spend some more time around the house and with my wife ( she's a saint) Diane.
All of our wives who put up with our car/track hobby are saints. I’m fortunate that my paddock queen, Debby, tags along to help me so tremendously at the track and in life !!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well, I won't be at Sebring, but hoping to get on track with you Cheeseheads some time this year!

Agree with dragoon, as my wife was who told me to start autocrossing/racing 43 years ago, and she still never complains when I get a new set of tires, wheels, etc. Of course I will not say anything when she gets a new outfit or something else, haha!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
Well, I won't be at Sebring, but hoping to get on track with you Cheeseheads some time this year!

Agree with dragoon, as my wife was who told me to start autocrossing/racing 43 years ago, and she still never complains when I get a new set of tires, wheels, etc. Of course I will not say anything when she gets a new outfit or something else, haha!
100% we will get to a track day together. Should be doing all kinds of stuff in the midwest this year.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The Registration is not up yet , but we should get tons of TMO members to go to the Fast Ford and Mustang Roundup for the 13th year Anniversary . Close to 50% of the drivers participating most years were TMO members and since the laps are timed you can showcase your talent for all to see - or miss, ha! There are Classes for all varieties/years of Mustangs, so the event is often referred to as the Mustang Roundup. Every year there have insane Ponies show up to run or for the Car Show -- Boss 429s, 70 Boss 302s, Mustang Cobra Rs, etc.

Held Mid September every year ( 12th -15th ,2024 ) it was actually the Official TMO Track event around 2016, if I remember correctly. Usually Ford Engineers come down to run with us and often bring some new Blue Oval Machines -------one of the first places to view a GT 500 up close was at the Hastings, Nebraska track!!

www.racemph.com Block out the dates above as I chatted with the owners and those days are locked in, Registration just does not happen to be up yet!

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
While nothing is ever written in stone,this could very well be my last year in IMSA. It's been a great 14 year run but my back is just not up to it anymore. I said the end of the current Gt4 would be the last, then it was.. get the new car kicked off right, and now we are seriously going to make a run on both the GS and VP challenge series.. so one more year.

Tire Guy Mafia is up and running, I'm trying to expand the knowledge base a bit. It's not expanding as fast as I would like, but it's not for everyone..

I can't even begin to explain the amount of pain I deal with on a daily basis

So definately this year, after that.. probably not. When I got into this last IMSA deal it was to try and win a championship, did that.. and more. So I have no regrets.

I would like to thank Chris and everyone else at TMO for their support, and stopping by the races to say hello, that means so much to me.
Hopefully, I've helped a couple of you guys go a bit quicker.

I don't want to be like the old gunfighter that keeps hanging on, I'm pretty much just over the peak, so it's time to call it a day.....
Maybe

View attachment 92173View attachment 92174View attachment 92175

It is a pretty serious resume'

View attachment 92176
I know it is hard coming to the realization that you can no longer do the things you love at the level you are accustomed to. I have had difficulty walking for some time and had spine surgery about a month ago in an effort to reduce the pain and regain some of my mobility. I am doing a bit better, but have a couple more months of recovery before I really know how successful the surgery was.

Only you can decide when it is time to step back. I wish you the best in the upcoming racing season and know that you will make the best decision for you and your family when the time comes.

TMO Supporting Vendors