The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 North American Track Tour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

four-walling said:
Using the periscope app would put us right in the driver's seat!

https://www.periscope.tv
Great suggestion and I've downloaded the app. If anyone has any experience with this post up. I did a test and had five followers in a couple of minutes. I'd like to see if we can have a private broadcast by invitation but I don't see that option. This might work well so download the app and follow me, my ID is @Duffinator1 .

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
NFSBOSS said:
Great suggestion and I've downloaded the app. If anyone has any experience with this post up. I did a test and had five followers in a couple of minutes. I'd like to see if we can have a private broadcast by invitation but I don't see that option. This might work well so download the app and follow me, my ID is @Duffinator1 .

When you start streaming, I think your Twitter followers are notified to tune in.

The app is relatively new and is just getting off the ground.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
NFSBOSS said:

Located!

P.S. Amy did a great job of conserving water while doing the dishes!

image_zpsmqvyrray.jpg

Hey guys with the latest announcement about yet another Shelby GT350 Ford engineer coming to the Mustang Roundup with his own GT350R, you'll probably get more GT350 exposure there than at the Track Tour. The Mustang Roundup is 3 full days with an opportunity to engage with the engineers that were directly involved with the program, and see the car first hand on the race track. I'd encourage you to make the event at MPH September 18th-20th if you really want to experience this awesome new Mustang. There will be a full presentation on the development program on Friday night at the museum, and then 3 days of on track events where these cars will be competing.

For those new to tracking their Mustang, there will be a driver's training event on Thursday, September 17th as well.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=8842.msg143873#new

cloud9 said:
Hey guys with the latest announcement about yet another Shelby GT350 Ford engineer coming to the Mustang Roundup with his own GT350R, you'll probably get more GT350 exposure there than at the Track Tour. The Mustang Roundup is 3 full days with an opportunity to engage with the engineers that were directly involved with the program and see the car first hand on the race track. I'd encourage you to make the event at MPH September 18th-20th if you really want to experience this awesome new Mustang. There will be a full presentation on the development program on Friday night at the museum and then 3 days of on track events where these cars will be competing.

For those new to tracking their Mustang, there will be a driver's training event on Thursday, September 17th as well.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=8842.msg143873#new
That does it and I'll make reservations to attend tonight! I expect this to be significantly better than Track Tour and I'm holding my expectations relatively low for the TT event. My expectations are two laps driving and two laps riding. ::)

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
NFSBOSS said:
That does it and I'll make reservations to attend tonight! I expect this to be significantly better than Track Tour and I'm holding my expectations relatively low for the TT event. My expectations are two laps driving and two laps riding. ::)

Wish I could go there too...but I think going to Sonoma after the Track Tour would be easier and more practical.

NFSBOSS said:
Has anyone confirmed that you can bring a guest to the event? I know they wouldn't be able to drive the car but just hang out and participate in the presentations? I've read that elsewhere but would rather have a more reliable first hand source from BMO confirm. ;)

I just talked to Ford Performance and confirmed that you are allowed to bring 1 guest. Just like you thought, they won't be able to drive but they can hang out, take photos, etc. I'm looking forward to this event as it will be my first time at Laguna....not a bad first time experience I think. :D

Mike

Jafo5150 said:
I just talked to Ford Performance and confirmed that you are allowed to bring 1 guest. Just like you thought, they won't be able to drive but they can hang out, take photos, etc. I'm looking forward to this event as it will be my first time at Laguna....not a bad first time experience I think. :D

Mike
That's great info. Thanks for confirming that Mike.

Bump - any more info for those of us poor souls on the waiting lists? Trying to plan the trip to Lime Rock and can't wait until the last second.

Champale said:
Bump - any more info for those of us poor souls on the waiting lists? Trying to plan the trip to Lime Rock and can't wait until the last second.
I'm wondering (but doubtful) if an invite is transferrable to another Boss owner? In my case, I have a reservation for Lime Rock but as of yesterday, it now coincides with a major work project "going live". I have a 50/50 chance of the timing working out in my favor. If unable to make the event, it would be nice to be able to hand the slot over to a BMO member.

Fastfordnut said:
I'm wondering (but doubtful) if an invite is transferrable to another Boss owner? In my case, I have a reservation for Lime Rock but as of yesterday, it now coincides with a major work project "going live". I have a 50/50 chance of the timing working out in my favor. If unable to make the event, it would be nice to be able to hand the slot over to a BMO member.

I saw somewhere, I don't remember where, that someone called and was told they could give up their spot for someone else. I think it may have been in the context of taking a guest and if you wanted you could let them ride and drive in your place. Not sure if you can just send someone instead of going. You'd probably have to call to get a reliable answer.

I got the email below a little while ago. I signed up for Lime Rock because I have friends in CT but since I down in Texas, there is no way that this trip can be done on short notice so I will take myself off the waiting list. I hate to sound ungrateful to Ford, but this is a terribly organized event. Why would they send us all invitations but by the time a lot of us got them, all of the spaces were taken? Maybe the 2016 version will be better planned.

Thank you for your interest in the 2015 GT350 North American Track Tour.

Currently, you have been wait listed for the track you registered for, as listed below:

Road Course Event

8:00 AM-12:00 PM October 1, 2015: Lime Rock Park, Salisbury, Connecticut Waitlisted

With space extremely limited at each event, we cannot guarantee that a spot will open at any track. However, if we do release additional spots, we will contact you directly to finalize your confirmation and to give you the event details.

We are in the early planning stages for the 2016 Track Tour. Look for some information coming toward the end of the year.

If you have any questions, please email [email protected].

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
Just got an e mail reminding me of my wait list status. Also said they're in the early planning stages of 2016 Track Tour, more info to come. Maybe they will expand the track selection, hopefully come to COTA.

ufnavy06, I don't know if I'm right in assuming not all original Boss owners got invites. (just ones in a certain circle mile radius around the the tracks Ford is using for this promotion). If my memory serves me you had to relocate from the east coast to the west coast (near Leguna Seca) because of your military obligations. Maybe Ford never was updated on your move? Just a thought.......someone will prove me wrong if I am.

ufnavy06 - 1800FORD788

302BOB - I live in Texas, which is nowhere near any of the 4 tracks they selected so I don't think that is correct.

I am going to send an email to them to withdraw my spot on the waiting list and maybe explain my (our?) frustration with how they handled this. It's not the end of the world to no make the cut, but still, I think that they did a poor job researching and planning the invitations.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel