The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 North American Track Tour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattlqx

Mustangless
Bunkie726 said:
Weird mail item of the day- So I get home from a brief Florida long weekend and what do I find waiting for me? A(nother) track tour invite! Not sure what's going on since I already attended last year's Lime Rock event and took delivery of my car last month. Anyone else get doubles? Too weird. I want to give everyone else a shot and my Track Attack day is the week after Pocono. Just wondering if they expect me to buy a second 350? lol

Na, they just want to give you the warm and fuzzies of Ford engineers telling you about the car. It says clearly in the 3rd sentence that it's extended to original owners of 15/16 GT350s. I'm happy they did it. Since I was already in from earlier "negotiations", I bestowed the invite to @captdistraction .

I just got my letter too. Strange, because I've already been to the Track Tour. I singed up immediately, even though I have to travel a long distance to get one hot lap in the car...I figure, hey, I might want to buy another GT350 in the future so I'm a legitimate 'considerer.'

lol.

How can Ford's customer data profiles be so bad?

Ford: please send me info relevant to me.

fuhrius said:
How can Ford's customer data profiles be so bad?

Ford: please send me info relevant to me.

Got the letter today. Called George from MGW to see if he got his letter yet - yup, his came today as well. We both tried to register for Dawsonville Georgia. Full.

ARRGGGHHHHH!!!!! :'(

mattlqx said:
Na, they just want to give you the warm and fuzzies of Ford engineers telling you about the car. It says clearly in the 3rd sentence that it's extended to original owners of 15/16 GT350s. I'm happy they did it. Since I was already in from earlier "negotiations", I bestowed the invite to @captdistraction .

ahhh- completely missed that 3rd sentence about as a 15/16 owner. Thanks! Pocono full already anyway.... but would have been cool. Only an hour and a half ride away.....

DEye

You can't get there from here...
;) Just got my invite for the 2016 tour, there are spots left for March 22-23 in Pheonx, :'( a bit to tight to make arrangements....

Boo hoo!

Why nothing in Canada ?
- Mt. Tremblant
- Mossport MSP
- Calabogie MSP

Sbybossman said:
Just curious if anyone knows how many cars and how many drivers per session. May 19th Pocono early session.
When I was at LS they were running six cars at a time and the drivers rotated through. You're going to spend less than 10 minutes in the car so there will be time for everyone to drive.

mattlqx

Mustangless
This was today in Phoenix at Wild Horse Pass. They were running 8 cars total with 4 on the track at any point. I think of those 3-4 were Rs. I was one of about 4 or 5 GT350 owners there. They had all the FP cars there, save for the GT this time because it was too close to the Sebring event.

It's great to see Ford doing promotion in this way. I really appreciated having time to talk to Jim Owens and the rest of the FP crew, including Mike G from the phones. The pro-driver I was with was Ty who also had been at the ST Octane event when I was there with me put on an extremely good ride. These events are extremely well done and it shows Ford Performances' dedication to enthusiasts.

mattlqx said:
This was today in Phoenix at Wild Horse Pass. They were running 8 cars total with 4 on the track at any point. I think of those 3-4 were Rs. I was one of about 4 or 5 GT350 owners there. They had all the FP cars there, save for the GT this time because it was too close to the Sebring event.

It's great to see Ford doing promotion in this way. I really appreciated having time to talk to Jim Owens and the rest of the FP crew, including Mike G from the phones. The pro-driver I was with was Ty who also had been at the ST Octane event when I was there with me put on an extremely good ride. These events are extremely well done and it shows Ford Performances' dedication to enthusiasts.

I'm from Michigan and couldn't make it do to my heavy work load so I gave my dad my pass. He loved it and had a great time in Phoenix! He drove and rode in one of the R's. Had a great time and I'm glad he did so. Can't wait until August at the Utah event. I'll be there for sure along with my dad. Great times for sure!
My dads adventure is pretty funny, arriving at the airport the rental car company wouldn't give him a rental car because the credit card my mom used is in my moms name and not his. He called a taxi to give him a ride to his hotel and the driver said to call him in the am and he would take him to the track at 730am. The next morning he called the taxi driver and he didn't show up in time and my dad was pretty unhappy and he was already 45 minutes late to the track. My dad offered the hotel employee $50 to give him a ride to the track.
When the track event was over he called another taxi driver and that driver was also late. But he luckily made it to his flight on time. Overall the track event was fun for him and I'm glad he flew from Michigan to Arizona.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Don't be so sure about that. Towards the end of the day at Phoenix, they were signing up randoms. So, @50Deep, you might want to bring your friend but tell them it's uncertain if they will get to drive or not.

50Deep said:
Do they allow a guest at the track tour?

Here's what I got:

Congratulations! We at Ford Performance are pleased to have you attend the exclusive 2015 GT350 North American Track Tour at Pocono Raceway!

REMINDER: This is a private event and not open to guests (spouses, children, friends, etc.). This is for the invitee only. We are not able to host any spectators at the tracks.

Your track date is May 19. Please arrive promptly at 8:00 AM to register.

Very pumped. Leaving tomorrow morning from Toronto for a 6.5 hour drive in the Boss to Pocono. Gonna let the big dog run thru the mountains.

Sbybossman said:
Very pumped. Leaving tomorrow morning from Toronto for a 6.5 hour drive in the Boss to Pocono. Gonna let the big dog run thru the mountains.

nice to meet you yesterday

you're welcome for getting you in the R, lol

TMO Supporting Vendors