The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 North American Track Tour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the media cars at Grattan had 3-point belts. The HANS devices that were given to journalists were the 'hybrid HANS' devices which strap to your torso as a base for holding your helmet (versus a standard HANS which uses the compression of your harnesses against your torso). Those cars also appeared to have no roll bars in them.

I'm hoping they have bars / 6-points (in which case I'll certainly bring HANS and my own helmet) but I'm guessing they won't.

I'm headed to Lime Rock on Oct 1. Registered 5 minutes after opening the letter.

Helmet wise. I'm bringing mine with serious hope they actually let us drive at some pace. I'm a little concerned that since it's an open invite to an owner and not necessarily to an kndovidual that has HPDE experience that they'll have us follow a pace car or something. Still it'll be a great experience.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
I'm wait listed for Sebring (aka fat chance) so maybe 2016 for me. IMO this will be similar to when I did the exotic driving experience in a Ferrari. They will provide helmets with intercoms, standard seat restraints, the pro in the passenger seat will tell you when to shift, when to brake and have a kill switch in his hand. I don't think they will ask for your driving resume so they don't know who is getting behind the wheel. I hope I'm wrong and y'all get to rip it up! Just because some people bought Boss 302's it doesn't mean they're qualified to drive fast and safe.

The track and Ford aren't going to let you on the race track without a helmet so bring yours if you want to.

WinterSucks said:
Any idea what will happen to the GT350's after the tour is over? What happened to the BTA cars?

BTA Boss 302s were converted into the Boss 302FRS, which they now use as the "upgrade" FRS cars. The Boss 302FRS replaced the older Mustang FR500S school cars which were all sold off to lucky buyers.

Anyone's guess what they'll do with the GT350s used in the tour.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
dabossinne said:
Anyone's guess what they'll do with the GT350s used in the tour.

My guess(s):
1. The cars will be offered to Ford employees at a discount from invoice.
2. The cars will be offered to select dealers at a discount from invoice.
3. The cars will go to auction.

four-walling said:
My guess(s):
1. The cars will be offered to Ford employees at a discount from invoice.
2. The cars will be offered to select dealers at a discount from invoice.
3. The cars will go to auction.
Most likely. Although I forgot to ask today these sound like media cars and not BTA like cars so don't expect them to be turned into a driving school fleet.

I met with the guy in charge of TT today and have all the scoop. It is being run by a marketing group that works with Ford and other manufacturers. The guy I talked to was driving the yellow GT350R with electronics package at the NorCal Mini Nats this weekend.

Look for 4 laps at speed on track behind the wheel and possible the same as a passenger. This is dependant on how many participants there are and for current Ford owners all the sessions are full so..... They do expect us to be able to crack the throttle but we won't be allowed to run free. So maybe eight laps on track.

Each tour has four sessions which are a half day each:
Current Ford owners - many of us
Dealers and friends
Media
Competitor car owners like BMW, Chevy, Porsche etc.

I'll find out more next weekend while I'm at Laguna Seca for the historic races as Ford will be there.

I just received my invite yesterday in the mail ( Canada )and went to register today.....all events and wait lists full I shouldn't be surprised. Oh well I guess another example of Ford screwing with us Canadians... buy a Boss but can't go to the Boss Track Attack because I'm a Canadian even though paid for it in the purchase price of the Boss, get a invite to GT350 Track Tour because I bought a Boss and can't go to that either!
Well played Ford !!! Well Played !!!

I'm going to the 8/27 8-12 at Laguna. They put me in with the media guys. Maybe I'll sit shotgun with Chris Harris.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
VooDooBOSS said:
Each tour has four sessions which are a half day each:

8/27 AM - Media
8/27 PM - Competitor car owners like BMW, Chevy, Porsche etc.

8/28 AM - Current Ford owners - many of us
8/28 AM - Dealers and friends

^So the schedule must be like this for Laguna Seca? I have a friend who got in with (our) dealer that afternoon. He hasn't gotten a schedule yet.

And of course the track time is on the low side of my estimate! :p :(

four-walling said:
Anyone here looking for a Boss with less than 3K miles?

I think everyone (here) is...just depends on the price ;)

Randy M said:
I'm going to the 8/27 8-12 at Laguna. They put me in with the media guys. Maybe I'll sit shotgun with Chris Harris.

that would be awesome. he's my favorite auto journalist. I grew up in England, so I have an affinity for way they approach stuff.

ufnavy06 said:
Grrrr competitor cars also get in on this? Lame.

unless you're Ford and you're trying to structure an event, as best you know how, to reach the broadest audience possible to spread the word about this (yet to be confirmed) amazing car.

This isn't just a placate-the-base play folks. And, apparently, they can't invite every frigin mustang owner who thinks they have the right to be there.

I think it's time to stop the bitching, people. I'm a proud fan of Ford and the Mustang...I'm not a part of, but don't mind the beer-belliy crew, the drag strip crew...heck, even the confederate-flag-waving crew...but, dang, the belly-aching crew is really starting to wear on me. Give it a rest people. It's four slow laps on the track for crying out loud.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
That's really easy to say when you're going...and used to work where you did.

I don't think Ford needs you to defend their actions either, because this could have been handled better.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel