The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Track Tire Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Francisco
Has anyone tried the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect with a 240 treadwear rating? In 305/30/19, the OE PSC2 is $2022 installed at Costco and the PSC2 Connect (240) is $1890.

I can also get the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R for $1198 installed. I know those wear fast (100 treadwear rating) but at two-thirds the price that's probably the way to go?

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Reached out for comments. Thanks for the contact.
Here’s the write up I did after my first time running then last summer in the heat. I’ve ran them 2 more times since at ACS and my impressions have stayed largely the same - really good wear rate, very consistent on long sessions, handling is on the neutral range of the spectrum and pace is slightly off the faster 200tw tires. @SMGDHG just went Sub 2 at Buttonwillow in his 3V Bullitt. He has a lot of seat time on a variety of tires and I’m sure would give you his thoughts as well.

Post in thread 'New 200 TWR tire coming out from Continental -- with some Hoosier DNA.'
https://trackmustangsonline.com/thr...ental-with-some-hoosier-dna.17536/post-267559

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
Here’s the write up I did after my first time running then last summer in the heat. I’ve ran them 2 more times since at ACS and my impressions have stayed largely the same - really good wear rate, very consistent on long sessions, handling is on the neutral range of the spectrum and pace is slightly off the faster 200tw tires. @SMGDHG just went Sub 2 at Buttonwillow in his 3V Bullitt. He has a lot of seat time on a variety of tires and I’m sure would give you his thoughts as well.

Post in thread 'New 200 TWR tire coming out from Continental -- with some Hoosier DNA.'
https://trackmustangsonline.com/thr...ental-with-some-hoosier-dna.17536/post-267559
Many thanks! That really helps.

Has anyone tried the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect with a 240 treadwear rating? In 305/30/19, the OE PSC2 is $2022 installed at Costco and the PSC2 Connect (240) is $1890.

I can also get the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R for $1198 installed. I know those wear fast (100 treadwear rating) but at two-thirds the price that's probably the way to go?
What sizes are you using? Can a 325 width fit the back wheel wells?

Has anyone tried the Continental Extreme Contact Force yet? Was thinking this might be a good non-slick option. Some light street use and as a wet track tire or when slicks don't make sense. No 305s though....
I have ECFs on all 4 corners...315s square. It's a bit looser/duller on turn in than the MSC2s, but as I did not heat cycle the tire, I am hoping for a bit more traction on their second use (@ COTA). I am convinced the Goodyear F1 3R will be my next tire to see if I can shave time off my PBs with MSC2. These ECFs will likely end up 1-2 secs slower (depending on track) than the MSC2s, but will likely have less fall-off after a few laps of 9-10/10ths.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Maboomba,
I know folks running the 325s on the rear, but they do seem to have some issues with the fitment up front. Like you I am looking at going with 305s ( square ) for my next set. I currently am running Hoosier R7 315/30/19s and they work fine, but the $2500 cost has me looking around. I know the Cups are decently quick ( I seem to run about 1-1.5 seconds slower on them than the R7s ) and am hoping the Goodyear 3Rs will be real close to the Hoosiers. The only question, will be, is can a 305 Goodyear stay up with an R7 Hoosier. At half the price ( with a USAA discount ) I am willing to try!

Maboomba,
I know folks running the 325s on the rear, but they do seem to have some issues with the fitment up front. Like you I am looking at going with 305s ( square ) for my next set. I currently am running Hoosier R7 315/30/19s and they work fine, but the $2500 cost has me looking around. I know the Cups are decently quick ( I seem to run about 1-1.5 seconds slower on them than the R7s ) and am hoping the Goodyear 3Rs will be real close to the Hoosiers. The only question, will be, is can a 305 Goodyear stay up with an R7 Hoosier. At half the price ( with a USAA discount ) I am willing to try!

the goodyear 3r’s, are as good as the r7’s once warmed up. Start them at 26-28 cold and see if the cars happy (Im usually at 30-32 hot) . I have both and am slightly faster on the 3r’s because im used to them. They are not happy on cold days

hankook f200’s really surprised me too

Last edited:

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
hoping the Goodyear 3Rs will be real close to the Hoosiers. The only question, will be, is can a 305 Goodyear stay up with an R7 Hoosier. At half the price ( with a USAA discount ) I am willing to try!
They will run very very similar times once you get the hang of pressures. I think the 3R heat cycles out a bit quicker so for example, the first 8-10 cycles should be very comparable to the R7, but the next 4-however long you run them will slow down a bit, up to 1 second off the earlier pace. I don't feel like the R7 has that much drop off in HPDE scenarios, but maybe they do.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
They will run very very similar times once you get the hang of pressures. I think the 3R heat cycles out a bit quicker so for example, the first 8-10 cycles should be very comparable to the R7, but the next 4-however long you run them will slow down a bit, up to 1 second off the earlier pace. I don't feel like the R7 has that much drop off in HPDE scenarios, but maybe they do.
What cold/hot pressures are folks using with the 3R’s?

TMO Supporting Vendors