The Mustang Forum for Track Enthusiasts

Track Mustangs Online was built specifically for those who track their Mustangs!

Register Log in

GT350R oil change made even easier!I

Badvoodoo

TMO Intermediate
Reaction score
So, there is another thread re: GT 350 oil change that is outstanding. However, I discovered the easiest soulution to oil filter change with zero oil mess.
First of all, remover the left front tire and wheel, this allows wide open access to the oil filter from the side!
Remove, oil filter access panel.
Squeeze a pint size funnel into the now open access panel. Oil funnel will sit in the hole without any help whatsoever!
Proceed with oil change.
I changed the oil with zero oil anywhere other than the funnel!
Not a drop!
41955067-49B1-4173-B822-135E7DCD28FE.jpeg
18A8F2B6-7ED3-40A1-ADEA-73358F0D67ED.jpeg
C87E4CD5-5444-4EEE-8F31-6413EDB7F328.jpeg

Badvoodoo

TMO Intermediate
Reaction score
Obviously, I drained all the oil prior to proceeding to the above referenced step.

gww52

TMO Advanced
Reaction score
I actually did this last time I changed oil.
I was able to squeeze the funnel and slip it through the hole.
Worked great.

TMSBOSS

TMO Addict
Reaction score
I have used a form a funnel on the boss. Same idea except you can shape the funnel in place. You may be able to do this without removing the wheel.

Dave_Car_Guy

TMO Intermediate
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, but with the funnel in place, how do you reach the oil filter to remove it? is there still room for your hand? It is hard to tell from the second pic. Thanks!!

Badvoodoo

TMO Intermediate
Reaction score
Dave, sorry for the delay. If you look at the first pic, you can see the oil filter and the funnel below it. Removal of the tire/wheel gives huge access from the side and the oil flows right into the funnel.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel