The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Has anyone swapped in a Jerico/G Force trans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I don’t know how I overlooked this but I have a gforce gsr dog box in my 2016 gt. It’s an easy swap now that I figured out all the parts needed.
Do tell....seems Magnum XL's are on backorder...and I need a new solution.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I don’t know how I overlooked this but I have a gforce gsr dog box in my 2016 gt. It’s an easy swap now that I figured out all the parts needed.
Details please?

Details please?
I saw quicktime makes a coyote to muncie pattern so that bell should be what you need for a jerico / t101 / gf4a / gsr etc. Should work with your clutch too. Check out Daves trans while it's there , what better time ;)

There is lots of options for throwout bearings for these trans as well. That quicktime looks like it accepts a bolt on 4 leg like a tilton but I cannot confirm that. They do make ones that simply slide over the input retainer and you just shim them.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I saw quicktime makes a coyote to muncie pattern so that bell should be what you need for a jerico / t101 / gf4a / gsr etc. Should work with your clutch too. Check out Daves trans while it's there , what better time ;)

There is lots of options for throwout bearings for these trans as well. That quicktime looks like it accepts a bolt on 4 leg like a tilton but I cannot confirm that. They do make ones that simply slide over the input retainer and you just shim them.
A kit would be nice...

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Dave trans is not here.

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
dumb question, but is a jerico/101 that much shorter? the mt82/t56 are big boys (giggity!) and wondering if being that much shorter then translates into a much longer driveshaft, and then that whipping around at 8k would potentially cause premature failures.

Dave trans is not here.
Look harder.
1677617900264.png

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
But aren't you...... the FABMAN???!!!! :p
I'm like pretty damn tired of this sh!t and don't feel the need to deal with it.
If the motor was on the bench and I could mess with it until I was satisfied that would be one thing but doing it in the car would suck...I was ready to retire after that last season....God knows I spent more that I wanted to already. More $ and more work wasn't in my plans. I need a plug and play solution or this thing is just going to be a very expensive paperweight.

dumb question, but is a jerico/101 that much shorter? the mt82/t56 are big boys (giggity!) and wondering if being that much shorter then translates into a much longer driveshaft, and then that whipping around at 8k would potentially cause premature failures.

Look harder.
View attachment 84418
They are 22" approx from bellhousing face to output. I doubt youd have any issue with a 4" alumninum, we can run the critical speed numbers but I doubt thats going to be a problem, car is only a 107" wheelbase

Last edited:
I'm like pretty damn tired of this sh!t and don't feel the need to deal with it.
If the motor was on the bench and I could mess with it until I was satisfied that would be one thing but doing it in the car would suck...I was ready to retire after that last season....God knows I spent more that I wanted to already. More $ and more work wasn't in my plans. I need a plug and play solution or this thing is just going to be a very expensive paperweight.
You know I am just ribbing you. :cool:

TX
I’d bet there’s a decent amount of interest if you could get one of these kits affordable - but no easy task. Gotta workout not just the TOB, clutch and bell housing issue, you gotta work through the ECU challenges around output shaft speed. Apparently the automatic control pack from ford could be used, tho.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Delete

Last edited:
TX
Ford racing control pack works. It’s standalone.
Yeah. That’s what I was referring to (sorry - responding on a phone). But it introduces a whole bunch of new things you need to work through like ABS and EPAS. And that’s in addition to the cost of the control pack.

TMO Supporting Vendors