The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Help! I need to make a decision

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
1DAAT said:
I have a sby coming in about a month but I'm at the dealership looking at a green that just came off the truck. Mine if I want it.
What do I do?
get the one you want. I would go with the green one or the yellow. flip a coin?

It's tough to decide, it's a dead heat in my mind. I think actually seeing the car in person after having only looked at pictures is fueling the "should I get this one instead" feeling. Either way, I'm giving myself 24 hours to mull it over.

Info for anyone who might be interested: GHIG, build #70 at Apple Ford in Columbia, MD. Going at MSRP with Recaro/Torsen and accessory package.

I can totally understand, but stick with your gut... if your gut is telling you yellow, stick with it and wait.
;D

If selling the car someday is of any importance to you, I think you will find SBY will be easier sold than GHIG. Same thing applies to the old ones. Grabber Orange is a popular color whereas a Lime Metallic car is tougher to move. Personally, I like Lime and GHIG but I think it's fair to say I am in the minority.

On the other hand, if you like something a little different than all the rest then GHIG will someday be considered rare since SBY is outselling everything else probably 2 to 1 I would guess.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Never second guess yourself. I you fall in love with the GHIG, go for it. If still on the fence, stick with your initial decision and wait.

blk12svt said:
If selling the car someday is of any importance to you, I think you will find SBY will be easier sold than GHIG.
That's debatable. GHIG could be the rarest. And, to collectors rare means desirable. I think the 2012 Tri-Blaze will be more valuable than Comp Orange. Same story here...

GA
My dealer has a 2013 GHIG Boss coming in and I have been thinking about trading in my YB GT and a kidney for it. I like the GHIG, but I wonder if I will get tired of it. The YB has really grown on me and l like looking at it every day- I don't know if I would feel the same about the GHIG. I would love to get it though and name it Buttercup. :D

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
PJWANNABE said:
My dealer has a 2013 GHIG Boss coming in and I have been thinking about trading in my YB GT and a kidney for it. I like the GHIG, but I wonder if I will get tired of it. The YB has really grown on me and l like looking at it every day- I don't know if I would feel the same about the GHIG. I would love to get it though and name it Buttercup. :D
I would call him steve and he would have no chevy friends cause he bullies them lol

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
I bought the SBY one and really like it. I had an 07 Mustang GT in Grabber Orange and really liked it and that was one of the reasons I went with SBY. Another reason was SBY was a Boss only color this year (like CO last year) and if you see one you know it is a real Boss. People will be putting the stripes on GT's and V6's this year.

Having said that, I liked the GHIG. I think the Black Stripes really look good against it, but I thought GHIG might be trendy and didn't know if I would tire of it like you said.

Its a tough one. Go with your gut and don't look back. I can say first hand that when I see the other 2013 Boss' in the other colors I sometimes think maybe I should have gotten a different color, but when I look at it in the garage, I say man that is a beautiful car and glad I got a BOSS and it just happens to be SBY. So, no matter what color you get, when you look at it you will think its beautiful and you will love it. No bad choices in my opinion.

Brian

I spent some time to think about it today and I'm going to wait for the SBY. As much as I want the Boss I can drive RIGHT NOW, I keep picturing that yellow and black. I also really want to get a vanity plate that reads "DADSBUS", so there's that. Thanks for all the input, folks.

TMO Supporting Vendors