The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Honey Badger GT350 Build Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
The Central Valley of California
Being able to stay in the powerband through all the shifts is a really big deal.
Unfortunately, a good sequential costs as much as my whole car :(
Exactly...I will stick with my 6r80 paddles and a regear to 3.73 (and a torque converter upgrade)

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Was looking at some lap data.
Here's a good indicator of how fast this car is going to be. Here's my apex speed at T2 on my best ever lap at COTA (2:21.07). 96mph

View attachment 96389

Same spot on the first time I pushed it through there - 105mph.
View attachment 96388

it's going to be an absolute riot
RESPECT the kink at Road America !! Also, your seat height should help you see your next impute better ?? I hope I’m not the only one who offered the advice on the kink as they will at the drivers meeting. I love the kink but respect it as well !! See you in a few weeks !!!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
it's a huge bummer how cost prohibitive they are - mine was like 17.5k landed after everything (not including any electronics). No idea how the guys racing Hondas, Toyotas, Vauxhauls, etc. in the UK justify them. must be cheaper for them.
Guess I'll just have to keep chipping away at them as is....1000# over weight and 230 HP short of the rule.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
The Central Valley of California
Guess I'll just have to keep chipping away at them as is....1000# over weight and 230 HP short of the rule.
I felt this pain emotionally and spiritually

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
TX
RESPECT the kink at Road America !! Also, your seat height should help you see your next impute better ?? I hope I’m not the only one who offered the advice on the kink as they will at the drivers meeting. I love the kink but respect it as well !! See you in a few weeks !!!

Yep - I raised it two inches and it feels pretty good now. Should help with turn in points and such ha

And I've wrecked in the kink enough in iRacing to know I need to take care ha

TMO Supporting Vendors