how do i install the race abs module?

Discussion in 'Brakes, Wheels and Tires' started by Sesshomurai, Mar 2, 2013.

1. boss man

boss man TMO Race

from there web site.

Mustang Road Racing ABS Modules
    Ford Racing offers Road Racing ABS modules for vehicles that are running high traction tires or racing slicks. The factory ABS system struggles when you attempt to use it on a track with ultra sticky tires. These units are specifically designed to be used on track but they are not safe for street use. Made in USA

2. wwilde001

wwilde001 TMO Addict

I have used mine on the street now for over a year and have no issues. Then again, I don't drive the car nearly as aggressive on the street as I do the track, so I don't expect to ever get into a situation on the street where the ABS will actually kick in. The statement on the Ford Website is the standard, for race use only to CYA. The earlier modules manufactured only illuminated the traction control light. I guess once Ford realized that people were actually using them in street cars, they produced a module that lit up your lights like a Christmas tree to help deter people from doing so. Again, a CYA move by Ford.

3. steveespo

steveespo Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child Moderator

I love how it's not safe to use on the street. I ran a 10 second/133 mph '87 GT that had 11" discs and 10" drums and no ABS at all. Never ran it off the road due having "race parts" on it. Too many lawyers.

4. ArizonaBOSS

ArizonaBOSS Because racecar. Moderator

If you use it on the street your car will explode and kill/maim anyone nearby.

5. smallblock

smallblock TMO Advanced

Just read this entire thread. I Would get this module in a heartbeat but could not tolerate the lights and chimes on the street. The ABS intrusion can create a dangerous situation on track. When ABS is engaged the car feels as though its actually accelerating!!! And it’s usually at the moment you need stopping power the most. I think stock ABS engages for too long and too soon.

So anyways, has anything changed or been improved with the module? Maybe another solution to the above issues? I realize the last post was back in 2014.

2011 GT w S550pp front, performance friction 13” rears

6. ArizonaBOSS

ArizonaBOSS Because racecar. Moderator

Considering you have a 2011, I don't think it will do any of the chiming stuff. Doesn't do that on my 2012. Although my dash is "Lit AF" now.

smallblock and gripdriver like this.
  7. Drlee50

Drlee50 TMO Advanced

My boss 12 has all the lights lit up and it chimes like crazy when you first start it up. Then it contines to randomly chime as you drive. I've already tuned the chimes out and don't notice them much now.

Where the largest benefit is, it's with the TC being 100% off. Finally not cooking my brakes! And I now actually have rear brakes working too. The bias is much better. Totally the best mod I've done so far. If you are an advanced driver, you will need this mod.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

ArizonaBOSS and smallblock like this.
  8. TMSBOSS

TMSBOSS TMO Addict

I get a check brake system warning every 10 minutes and the two lights. On track, I do t notice them. On the street I simply reset the warning or ignore.

smallblock likes this.
  9. smallblock

smallblock TMO Advanced

I’m looking for improved ABS function with slicks, thankfully I have never encountered tc or stability control becoming reactivated on track in spite of large yaw rates and even spins. I am quite comfortable pushing this car hard on big slicks so road calibrated ABS has become quite an issue.

Wish I could track down one of the early modules that didn’t chime or make my cluster “lit AF” haha

10. Drlee50

Drlee50 TMO Advanced

My dash.....[​IMG]

smallblock likes this.
  11. docs302

docs302 TMO Race

Yup.....mine too!

12. cobrarob

cobrarob 11 Shelby GT500

Same on the dash and the "ding" every few minutes with the module. Bedded in the gloc-r18(6pot 13-14 gt500 cali) the other day and had abs intrusion.
    Never had that happen with old setup(Pagid rst3)even on the same street tires. Is this normal?

13. Drlee50

Drlee50 TMO Advanced

I have never had abs intrude and I run stock 4 pot brembo with carbotech 24's on full slicks. That's a bit odd.

14. cobrarob

cobrarob 11 Shelby GT500

Haven't tracked yet so hopefully not an issue with track tires.

15. 302BOB

302BOB TMO Addict

The only message I get on my dash is "You're driving too slow".... resetting it doesn't help...I need to gain some weight in my right foot.....and buy a helmet.

TymeSlayer and smallblock like this.
  16. TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...

Asking for clarification on the -BA vs. -CA. I understand the BA comes with a bracket and the CA without. What's the bracket for and will I really need it if I replace the module?

17. Drlee50

Drlee50 TMO Advanced

No bracket needed. Just reuse your old one. Installs in 10 minutes

18. TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...

Thanks much. I think I'll go this route. See one at Don Woods for $337 + $18 shipping for the CA version. They want $110 more for the BA - Must be some bracket!