The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

how do i install the race abs module?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centri5.0 said:
So got mine installed, ABS functions well. Esp and tc from test drives appear to be off. Abs and tc idiot lights flash once every 5 secs or so. So seems to be perfect. First track day in 10 days at TWS.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
They flash? :eek:. I just assumed they stayed illuminated constantly. Not sure I want to deal with a flashing light....

steveespo said:
Will be installing this weekend, finally got some clean roads. Out to the driveway to change Steeda x11 ball joints to prepare for the season.
Steve
Good deal looking forward to your report. Will be interesting to see if your lights flash or are static like Black Boss. I plan to install mine next week after we get back from hammering on these C7s.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Installed this morning here is a pic of what stays on after you run it in.
photo3_zps5aaa38e2.jpg

Had a short drive to get a feel and here is my observations base on 2011 GT with 15"/13" Gt 500 brembos, Michelin PSS tires on Laguna Seca wheels, P springs and Koni Yellow on 60% firm, 40 degree air temp, Ford Racing steering rack and no Coffee ;D

First thing is the reset clears the check brake system warning, but it came back on with a chime about 20 minutes into the drive, no big deal but annoying. Second the steering is very different, there is hardly any assist, just enough and no play around center, I am guessing the Advance Track is Really OFF and there are no signals to the rack except what the shaft is doing. The drive was uneventful, I got the engine, brakes and tires up to temp (street driving) and did a few panic stops from 40, initial impression is the ABS comes on 'softer' less pedal thumping and vibration than before. I did about 5 of these, increasing the pedal pressure and sharpness each time and it stayed the same. The true test will come on track, will post further impressions then.

Lastly, if you install this and the TC icons are flashing or the ABS icon is on I would be concerned, there might be something wrong with the module or a connection to the harness.
Steve
PS Tire pressure light is on because I don't use sensors anymore.

steveespo said:
Installed this morning here is a pic of what stays on after you run it in.
photo3_zps5aaa38e2.jpg

Had a short drive to get a feel and here is my observations base on 2011 GT with 15"/13" Gt 500 brembos, Michelin PSS tires on Laguna Seca wheels, P springs and Koni Yellow on 60% firm, 40 degree air temp, Ford Racing steering rack and no Coffee ;D

First thing is the reset clears the check brake system warning, but it came back on with a chime about 20 minutes into the drive, no big deal but annoying. Second the steering is very different, there is hardly any assist, just enough and no play around center, I am guessing the Advance Track is Really OFF and there are no signals to the rack except what the shaft is doing. The drive was uneventful, I got the engine, brakes and tires up to temp (street driving) and did a few panic stops from 40, initial impression is the ABS comes on 'softer' less pedal thumping and vibration than before. I did about 5 of these, increasing the pedal pressure and sharpness each time and it stayed the same. The true test will come on track, will post further impressions then.

Lastly, if you install this and the TC icons are flashing or the ABS icon is on I would be concerned, there might be something wrong with the module or a connection to the harness.
Steve
PS Tire pressure light is on because I don't use sensors anymore.

Just went out for a longer test drive. Same lights as Steve, however Chime comes on every 10 minutes, and message requires reset -- this will be annoying on the Track :(

Advanced Track is Off -- Was easily able to lose the rear on cold PSS street tires. ABS brake modulation feels more rapid than Stock ABS.

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
cloud9 said:
Oh man that chime is going to be annoying........

It's it's own special chime too. We need to check with Bill at rehagen and Mark Wilson if he's still at Ford Racing and find out if there is a way to disable it. Probably possible through the Ford IDS software.
Steve

Was not able to complete initialization sequence with ids software at dealer. However ABS is working flawlessly and TC and advancetrac is off. So.. ran at TWS this past weekend with zero braking issues. Have the c module

I gave my M-2353-CA to Terry Fair to test and he likes it so much he going to buy it from me. This past weekend at TWS I had terrible problems with the Advancetrac coming back on. Actually, it was scary when it came back on as it took control of the car and I was unable to do anything to recover. I ended up in a ditch in front of corner 4 flag station and had to be towed back. The first thing I did when I got home was order another M-2353-CA.

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
centri5.0 said:
Was not able to complete initialization sequence with ids software at dealer. However ABS is working flawlessly and TC and advancetrac is off. So.. ran at TWS this past weekend with zero braking issues. Have the c module

C module is what Gary and I ran into problems with last fall. Would not sync up and the Advance Track icons kept flashing. We thought the -CA module was the answer but although it integrates fine it gives all kinds of brake system warnings. Will live with it though if it performs well on track.
Steve

Budget Boss said:
I gave my M-2353-CA to Terry Fair to test and he likes it so much he going to buy it from me. This past weekend at TWS I had terrible problems with the Advancetrac coming back on. Actually, it was scary when it came back on as it took control of the car and I was unable to do anything to recover. I ended up in a ditch in front of corner 4 flag station and had to be towed back. The first thing I did when I got home was order another M-2353-CA.

Ouch, which group were you running in? I was in the black gt #71 in group 3. My abs is still flashing, as initialization is incomplete, but it worked flawlessly. TC and ESP remained off. Car ran well, driver not so good. ABS module was a win though.

steveespo said:
C module is what Gary and I ran into problems with last fall. Would not sync up and the Advance Track icons kept flashing. We thought the -CA module was the answer but although it integrates fine it gives all kinds of brake system warnings. Will live with it though if it performs well on track.
Steve

My thoughts exactly, it works well. I have functioning abs and TC and advancetrac do not come back on, no matter my yaw rate or slip angle. Which is exactly what I was shooting for.

centri5.0 said:
Ouch, which group were you running in? I was in the black gt #71 in group 3. My abs is still flashing, as initialization is incomplete, but it worked flawlessly. TC and ESP remained off. Car ran well, driver not so good. ABS module was a win though.

I was in HPDE 2. Spun out in turn 4, which shouldn't of happened. I did 3 laps at 5/10th and then 2 laps at 8/10ths, then on the 6 lap I was still about 8/10ths when I spun out. It sucked. The one good thing is I had an instructor, Marty, when it happened and he made sure to tell them it wasn't driver error, but car error.

TMO Supporting Vendors