The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

how do i install the race abs module?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gremlinsteve said:
I'll have to confirm with my tuner. But from what mine is doing it looks as though he has disabled advance track 100 percent.
This being said I am getting a code and the lights.
But I was told it's no longer working. That he has the ability to remove it with the tune

This was backed up by another buddy who had his car tuned by the same shop.
I bought this under the assumption it does more than just disable AdvanceTrac. I thought it provides improved braking characteristics (liberalized ABS) while running slicks. Is that not correct? If it simply disables AdvanceTrac I would think the tuner could do that without swapping modules.

cloud9 said:
I bought this under the assumption it does more than just disable AdvanceTrac. I thought it provides improved braking characteristics (liberalized ABS) while running slicks. Is that not correct? If it simply disables AdvanceTrac I would think the tuner could do that without swapping modules.

That's what I was thinking.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:

It is supposed to work much better with race tires and varied surfaces on track (split-mu events) to prevent flat spotting and be biased towards ultimate braking performance as opposed to vehicle stability.

My $0.02 is that it works very well on track (got lucky and never had the problems you guys are having).

cloud9 said:
I checked in with Rehagen today and they said there's no reason the updated part # shouldn't work. Apparently the A was added with the update. I originally ordered the -C but when they shipped the reprogrammed unit it was a -CA. I probably won't install mine until next month when it warms up, but I'm not sure why I wouldn't get the same result you did.... I have the upgraded Precision Race Services harness, but I'm ot sure if that's the same as the one FR is referencing :-\ I have no idea why an AIM system would affect it though?

I wish this was true. I liked to know if yours ends up being plug and play.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Mine worked on the stock engine harness both before I installed my AiM system as well as after; I don't think AiM has anything to do with it. I'd be surprised if it's a harness issue, as well--but I'll be able to confirm that for sure once my PRS harness gets installed in 3-4 weeks.

ArizonaBOSS said:
Mine worked on the stock engine harness both before I installed my AiM system as well as after; I don't think AiM has anything to do with it. I'd be surprised if it's a harness issue, as well--but I'll be able to confirm that for sure once my PRS harness gets installed in 3-4 weeks.
LOL broke down huh? :D I think you'll be happy with your decision.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
LOL broke down huh? :D I think you'll be happy with your decision.

I want to make sure I don't have to deal with the harness stuff again if I splice and fix, especially when I go to California this summer. I haven't paid yet, but I am mentally committed. :eek:
I will be physically committed once I start pulling the stock harness and sensors! :eek:

BACK ON-TOPIC! :)

cloud9 said:

I agree with you. It's should do more than that.
I have been planning to add this the the car. But is it now worth it is my question.
A 1400 dollar wire harness needed? Seems a bit excessive in my opinion.

Installed the ABS today. Same issues. First, "Advance Track Off" comes up in the display (expected), then "Check Brake System" which can be eliminated by hitting the reset button, but re-appears on re-start. Both TCS (Yellow) and Handbrake (Red) icons stay on. Only drove 1/2 mile or so to calibrate as the weather still sucks, but that should have been sufficient.

As expected you cannot turn on TCS or Advance Track.

So I'm taking it off. :(

Black Boss said:
Talked to Bill at Rehagen. He is investigating and said it may take a little while. I plan to call this week for an update. Will post updates as I get them......
Thanks for the update. I won't bother him then and wait to see what you find. I think there are a few of us with these modules waiting to install.

My experience after installing the ABS race module last year was pretty much the same as ArizonaBOSS

After swapping modules the IC lit up like a Christmas tree

Car was driven for a bit then shut down

Next time the car was started all the lights were gone except the TC off solid yellow light and the message advancetrac off (which can be turned off)

Been that way ever since

Only real difference is that I ended up getting the M-2353-B (module with bracket) because I had an upcoming track event and the M-2353-C (just the module) was out of stock at FR at the time (June 2013)

Curious to know what's different about this updated M-2353-CA and hope you all get it figured out

Black Boss said:
Talked to Bill at Rehagen. He is investigating and said it may take a little while. I plan to call this week for an update. Will post updates as I get them......

Update from Bill who has discussed with Ford Racing: As the ABS unit is not designed for street use it will light up the warnings on street cars. However this ABS "should" work as calibrated for the race cars on our cars.

Based on this I plan to re-install and test for ABS kicking in. The lights are a pain but I'd prefer to live with them and have the benefit of a more aggressive ABS calibration and the nannies permanently disabled, if it works.......

Black Boss said:
Update from Bill who has discussed with Ford Racing: As the ABS unit is not designed for street use it will light up the warnings on street cars. However this ABS "should" work as calibrated for the race cars on our cars.

Based on this I plan to re-install and test for ABS kicking in. The lights are a pain but I'd prefer to live with them and have the benefit of a more aggressive ABS calibration and the nannies permanently disabled, if it works.......
Yea I emailed him about something else today and got the same update about the ABS module. Sounds like they were going to test it on one of their cars to verify it's working properly as well. Let us know what you find out after testing the ABS on yours.

Not crazy about having more lights on, but heck what's a couple more? ::)

TMO Supporting Vendors