The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

how do i install the race abs module?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Need some help. I installed M2353CA and I got check braking system and the red parking brake light remains on. I have no idea how to clear these. I took the car out for a test drive and everything seemed fine. However, I didn't push it. Any idea?

Thanks

Budget Boss said:
Need some help. I installed M2353CA and I got check braking system and the red parking brake light remains on. I have no idea how to clear these. I took the car out for a test drive and everything seemed fine. However, I didn't push it. Any idea?

Thanks
Is the yellow AdvanceTrac light illuminated? Are you able to manually turn AdvanceTrac or TCS off like you could before you installed it? The new module should automatically disable AdvanceTrac and you shouldn't be able to turn it back on. The improperly programmed units we previously did not automatically disable AdvanceTrac and you could still disable them by pressing the button with the brake held for 5 seconds.

I appreciate you getting yours installed. Unfortunately it's looking like they still didn't get them right. When did you order/receive yours?

cloud9 said:
Is the yellow AdvanceTrac light illuminated? Are you able to manually turn AdvanceTrac or TCS off like you could before you installed it? The new module should automatically disable AdvanceTrac and you shouldn't be able to turn it back on. The improperly programmed units we previously did not automatically disable AdvanceTrac and you could still disable them by pressing the button with the brake held for 5 seconds.

I appreciate you getting yours installed. Unfortunately it's looking like they still didn't get them right. When did you order/receive yours?

Advance trac is off and the yellow light is on. I just ordered this and received it Thursday. It comes from Ford Racing.

Budget Boss said:
Advance trac is off and the yellow light is on. I just ordered this and received it Thursday. It comes from Ford Racing.
Sounds like a phone call to them on Monday about the brake light and warning. Keep us posted as odds are whatever's going on with yours also affects mine, steveespo's and Black Boss's...........

Looks like I need to spend more to make this work. From Ford Racing.......

I just spoke to our suspension engineer.

As I had mentioned, this module is for the BOSS S and R race cars. The stability light is on because this is not designed for use with the stock wiring and calibration.

We have not used, or tested this module in a stock vehicle so he is not sure why the parking brake light is on.

If you run the race car harnesses we sell for the race cars, along with the AIM system it should work well.

Regards,

Steve
Ford Racing Tech Support

Budget Boss said:
That's not good. May I ask how yours was packaged? Mine was in a box with just bubble wrap.
It's in a white FRPP box but I haven't even opened it yet. Honestly I was waiting until someone else installed their "reprogrammed" unit to make sure they worked this time. The roads are so bad here right now that I don't feel like getting it out and making a mess of it to calibrate the ABS sensors only to find out it's not going to work anyway and have to uninstall it again.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Call Rehagen and see if they still have the M-2353-C in stock...that's the one I have and it works fine...unless it's programmed for an FR500S somehow.

What a disappointment this must be.

ArizonaBOSS said:
Call Rehagen and see if they still have the M-2353-C in stock...that's the one I have and it works fine...unless it's programmed for an FR500S somehow.

What a disappointment this must be.
I just checked my receipt from Rehagen and I originally ordered the M-2353-C. Unfortunately they shipped me the M-2353-CA this last time which means it won't work according to what Budget Boss found. Ugh.

I asked FR if the harness will work with the 5.0. I was told "they will work" with the 5.0. So, I asked for the part number. However, I believe there is more than one harness. That means it might cost around $1500 for the harnesses that I have found.

Budget Boss said:
I asked FR if the harness will work with the 5.0. I was told "they will work" with the 5.0. So, I asked for the part number. However, I believe there is more than one harness. That means it might cost around $1500 for the harnesses that I have found.
I checked in with Rehagen today and they said there's no reason the updated part # shouldn't work. Apparently the A was added with the update. I originally ordered the -C but when they shipped the reprogrammed unit it was a -CA. I probably won't install mine until next month when it warms up, but I'm not sure why I wouldn't get the same result you did.... I have the upgraded Precision Race Services harness, but I'm ot sure if that's the same as the one FR is referencing :-\ I have no idea why an AIM system would affect it though?

I'll have to confirm with my tuner. But from what mine is doing it looks as though he has disabled advance track 100 percent.
This being said I am getting a code and the lights.
But I was told it's no longer working. That he has the ability to remove it with the tune

This was backed up by another buddy who had his car tuned by the same shop.

TMO Supporting Vendors