The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

How is the 2024 Mustang shaping up? (I might want an ecoboost for street class autocross!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
I've read some first drives and even goofed around om Fords build page...

An Ecoboost with only the performance pack (100% required, explained momentarily) is $37k msrp. A GT is about 51k.

Stock class doesn't allow much changed. 9" wheels are stock amd square on the 4cyl, and the 8 cyl gets 9/9.5 stagger.

The paddles are gone except for the performance packs retaining them. Those are a 100% required for the automatics...

Ecoboosts will not get a manual now. 3% of 4 cyl owners spec one. So if you don't use it, you lose it.

The 8 cyl is stock with a 6 speed. Auto adds 1500$.

So with all that said... is a V8 really worth $13k?

I also don't like the dashboards... like, we are just gluing tablets over the things now? That's my least favorite part of the whole car.mustang-base-interior-is-the-ipads.jpg

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
I've read some first drives and even goofed around om Fords build page...

An Ecoboost with only the performance pack (100% required, explained momentarily) is $37k msrp. A GT is about 51k.

Stock class doesn't allow much changed. 9" wheels are stock amd square on the 4cyl, and the 8 cyl gets 9/9.5 stagger.

The paddles are gone except for the performance packs retaining them. Those are a 100% required for the automatics...

Ecoboosts will not get a manual now. 3% of 4 cyl owners spec one. So if you don't use it, you lose it.

The 8 cyl is stock with a 6 speed. Auto adds 1500$.

So with all that said... is a V8 really worth $13k?

I also don't like the dashboards... like, we are just gluing tablets over the things now? That's my least favorite part of the whole car.View attachment 89281
That's the best Ford could do? Did they use Velcro to stick them on or Grandma's hot glue gun?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
I got close to a 2024 GT at Gingerman a couple of weeks ago. One of the Ford engineers brought it over. I like the exterior. The interior with the two tone leather Recaros looks great until you turn toward the dash. I can't get past the tablets that look like they were stuck on as an afterthought. It kind of looks like a sim racing set up to me. Maybe that is the buyer Ford is after this go around.

TMO Supporting Vendors