The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Best enclosed trailer for an F150?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CA
3578E720-C7A8-41EE-A8F2-3F457D58C87D.jpeg
8.5’x24’ enclosed towing w/a 2023 F-150 hybrid.

WD hitch a must (don’t be a cowboy and think you don’t need it).
MPG is pretty poor but it is what it is.

In regards to the trailer itself, mine is a 1997 and it was top of the line for its day and has held up OK. Got it for dirt cheap off Craigslist. Mighty mover w/torsion beam axles (highly recommend), trailer brakes on each wheel, custom cabinets, winch, fridge, microwave, etc.

Lighting, winch and ability to mount cabinets + a counter are a must. The counter goes a long way towards making the trailer feel like a “home base” while at the track or needing a flat surface to work on something, analyze data, etc.

I would budget $600 or so to buy locks for the trailer. Tongue lock. Hitch lock. Door lock. Rear swing door lock. Wheel locks. Way too many stories of trailers getting stolen.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
View attachment 91215
8.5’x24’ enclosed towing w/a 2023 F-150 hybrid.

WD hitch a must (don’t be a cowboy and think you don’t need it).
MPG is pretty poor but it is what it is.

In regards to the trailer itself, mine is a 1997 and it was top of the line for its day and has held up OK. Got it for dirt cheap off Craigslist. Mighty mover w/torsion beam axles (highly recommend), trailer brakes on each wheel, custom cabinets, winch, fridge, microwave, etc.

Lighting, winch and ability to mount cabinets + a counter are a must. The counter goes a long way towards making the trailer feel like a “home base” while at the track or needing a flat surface to work on something, analyze data, etc.

I would budget $600 or so to buy locks for the trailer. Tongue lock. Hitch lock. Door lock. Rear swing door lock. Wheel locks. Way too many stories of trailers getting stolen.

Yep for sure a WD hitch. I already have a bulletproof so I was going to buy there's.

Yep for sure a WD hitch. I already have a bulletproof so I was going to buy there's.

i woulda given u my bulletproof hitch i had on my expedition But i already gave it to my leas tech.

i use proven industries locks. Really nice kit.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
That tire rack idea was my single greatest idea with that trailer. Completely idiot proof and could carry 7 on the rack and one on the floor. Only have to watch out for your head. Club'd myself a couple of times before I figured it out
we installed our load beam tire carrier high enough so the old track car could drive under it back in 2018. We put it in the rear of the trailer for a little balance but, yeah, forget about it & it hurts !! Even wrapped the beam with towels but always hit my forehead or the paddock queen hers where it wasn’t padded. We abandoned that after we got the mach1 in 2021. She was the happiest paddock queen ever, no more suddenly ducking to miss the beam.

IMG_1469.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors