The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tire Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Olsburg, KS
I've been contemplating getting an enclosed tire trailer to pull behind the car and so far haven't found one to my liking. The typical motorcycle pull-behind is too narrow and small to fit 4 of my 305s in. The open ones just look too tempting for someone to start stealing things from it, so I haven't really considered that. Is there a brand name or type of trailer that anyone would suggest? I know there are lots of drag week type events where people pull trailers, but don't know if they're able to fit 4 "big" tires in them. I couldn't find any recent threads about an enclosed pull behind. Thanks for any thoughts.

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
This one would probably be better.
1688645934449.png

Or 4x8

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Olsburg, KS
I'm currently selling a Leroy tire trailer...

I doubt you want to drive out to CA to pick it up though
That's probably a little far. I'd really like to stick with an enclosed trailer, too. It'll end up sitting outside in the Detroit area for the better part of a week, and I'd just assume not tempt people to take my rims and tires. That being said, it looks like a really nice trailer, and would be really nice to pull.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Olsburg, KS
This isn't a great picture but it shows how much real estate 4 295's on 11" wheels takes up on a 4x6 trailer.
View attachment 87410
Thanks for the picture and trailer options. I've been wondering how a low profile 4x6 enclosed would pull. I've been hoping for something "just big enough", but may end up needing to go a little bigger. It would just be more stuff in the trailer and less in the car. I think this would have lots of room left over. The 2k load rating means I wouldn't have to tag it in Kansas, which is a good thing.

TMO Supporting Vendors